What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It is with some reluctance and trepidation that I post a reply here, to inform you people that I have bought one of these:

tumblr_ma3pxnzzk71qew37vo1_400.jpg

It's a My Neighbour Totoro Onesie. (whatever the hell that is)

It's for my youngest daughter! Honest, it really is. She had me sell her two tickets for London's comicon and rather than have me send her the money she had me buy this instead. So it's NOT for me! She chose it, she wanted it, I just bought it.

Honest.

You believe me? Right? ..... RIGHT? :nono:

***?!!!!!

How the hell did this posting appear? :confused:. Had my account hacked obviously.

Deny deny deny.

Thanks for the advice Colin about wearing it at the Moot. However I'd be afraid someone would mistake me for a big bunny and want me for their pot. Man, would they have a surprise when they skinned me :lmao:

Goatboy, up until a recent crash helmet upgrade I used to have the White hand a Sauron on the back of my black full face crash helmet, rather like this picture:

123.jpg

I rather liked it. I've never been tempted to add bunny ears or a tail. Sorta takes the edge off if I ever have to give rip into some myopic driver a for cutting me up or doing a: "sorry mate didn't see you". Liked the idea of a Mohawk, but since I'm a slaphead having one on the lid would be a bit too ironic.

Thanks so much for your understanding about the onesie. I knew I could post with complete confidence and not get the pi$$ taken out of me.... much:lmao:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hit the car boot at Haslingden with the family in reluctant tow and got this lot, prices to show what bargains could be found

Wooden rubber band gun styled like a six gun (50p)
snugpak ventura sleeping bag as new in Vango compression bag (£2.50)
Full size thick Thermarest sleeping mat & repair kit and case (£5)
Huge Double ended hi vis orange dry sack (£2)
British Army jumper (size zero) as new (£1)
Pearsons jug (£2)
Pepper grinders, two of, brass Turkish style (£3)
Dean self retracting tape measure (10p)
2 more Dean tape measures one pure imperial (30p)
1 tin (shortbread) for kids model paint tins (50p)
1 little heart shaped baking tin (20p) wife wanted it,
Little stone ware pot (20p)
Leather palms for foundry work, pair, unused but some storage dirt, (50p)
Leather welders for foundry work, pair, ditto (50p)
Pair North Face boys trousers, as new (50p)
Hand vice (£1) needs wire brushing.
Leather edge marking tool (£1) I think.
Leather working curved awl (£1)
Pair glass breaking pliers (£1)

ATB

Tom

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
OK perhaps this isn't something I've actually bought... yet, but will be very soon. I just had an email from the local Notaire to say that the offer I put in on a house I have had my heart on owning for the past 2 years has just been accepted.

Sitting here with the biggest grin on my face and my heart beating a slow steady thudding.

"Biker Towers" here I come. More info to follow once the ball starts rolling.

OMG! :dancer: Can't decide to do a jog, have a stiff drink or run around the block screaming yippee!

Anyway just had to share the news here.... I'd already phoned everyone else I know to tell them and needed to tell someone else. :lmao:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
OK perhaps this isn't something I've actually bought... yet, but will be very soon. I just had an email from the local Notaire to say that the offer I put in on a house I have had my heart on owning for the past 2 years has just been accepted.

Sitting here with the biggest grin on my face and my heart beating a slow steady thudding.

OMG! :dancer: Can't decide to do a jog, have a stiff drink or run around the block screaming yippee!

Anyway just had to share the news here.... I'd already phoned everyone else I know to tell them and needed to tell someone else. :lmao:

That's great news Aaron... really pleased for you :)

Now you get to go through the joys of moving once more :lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Congratulations mate, that's great news. You be happy as a happy thing that's been to a happy party in happy land.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
The British Nature Book 1st edition, not mint, but grand enough for this hick ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Congratulations! And welcome to the fraternity of mortgage and tax paying happy people. It's the best investment you'll ever make (well, apart from marrying a rich, elderly widow)

Another Condor Tool and Knife Bushlore 4.375-Inch Drop Point Blade, Walnut Handle with Leather Sheath (Plain)... £23.20 delivered to my door. This has become my go-to first choice bushcraft blade, no fear of damaging an expensive custom, just a solid workhorse of a tool.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE