What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mholland

Jan 3, 2013
cheltenham
I just got me a pair of Hawke Frontier ED 10x43 binoculars. I went to the shop (clifton cameras) to get some Nikon Monarchs, with a budget of £250, but I tried these and they blew the nikon out the water! Such a better image, so I bit the bullet and bought these (£309). Been out all day with them today and they are stunning! I want to upgrade the eyecups with some fieldoptics eyepieces and some aftermarket objective lens covers that are more secure though.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
A rusted drawknife to be restored.
A rusted Billhook, also to be restored
A 10mm chisel
3 short sections of 120mm chimney pipe for a woodburner I'm working on. (More of that at a later date)
3 DVDs
2 CDs
a Stitch marker wheel

and finally

A spicy hotdog in a baguette for lunch and a can of coke to wash it down with.

It was a lovely hot spring day today, T-shirt weather in fact. I didn't even mind when I slipped using the wire brush attachment cleaning up the tools and tore the skin by my fingernail. These thing happen sometimes.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Met up with fellow bristol chap andy aka topknot to pick up my new lefty sheath .

yge8e4e3.jpg
egyrumug.jpg
teju7uma.jpg
6anyzyqu.jpg

Very happy with it and the quality is spot on . Great service and all on my doorstep :):):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Rik, how does something like that (multi fuel stoves in general, not neccessarily just that one) fare with jet fuel?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Rik, how does something like that (multi fuel stoves in general, not neccessarily just that one) fare with jet fuel?

Jet fuel is more or less paraffin. What you call kerosene. It's one of the best stove fuels going IMHO, and a stove designed to burn paraffin/kerosene/jetA is a joy for ever. :).

Jet B is more like petrol (what you call gasoline) and not suitable for paraffin stoves although you could probably get away with it on a true multifuel stove.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Jet fuel is more or less paraffin. What you call kerosene. It's one of the best stove fuels going IMHO, and a stove designed to burn paraffin/kerosene/jetA is a joy for ever. :).

Jet B is more like petrol (what you call gasoline) and not suitable for paraffin stoves although you could probably get away with it on a true multifuel stove.

Thanks. I didn't know if the difference was enough to really matter. It's been quite a while so i need to also look up the correlation of JP4, JP5, and JP8 to JetA and JetB. IIRC JetA is more or less JP5.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Ten "sail" needles for hand sewing canvas. Am not altogether happy as the design and sizing appears to have dramatically changed, presumably to cater for the modern sail cloths and artificial twines.

Still, not to worry, for I have a few of the traditional sort, albeit in the larger sizes.
And, while I am in moaning mode, whatever happened to the manufacturing control of flaxen seaming twine, it is rubbish quality ,inconsistent diameters and booming great lumps of bad joins every few inches... can,t even get a modern Number 15 threaded with this stuff. Can,t seem to get good seaming twine or skeins of sail twine, moan; moan; moan ;moan; moan.
Ceeg

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
A couple of sharps, which I'll get in a week or so when I get back from Saudi for a bacon break.
:D

Large Sebenza with micarta inserts,
and a DPx H.E.S.T. folder.

Looking forward to playing with them.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
the one that requires an online server to work? I want to play it, but................ How do I put this.................

I hate people (online gaming).:lmao:

Yes joe, that one, that being said you don't have to play with people but you do have to be online all the time (unless you get the offline mod but even then you can't save..)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE