What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Nomad

Some stainless steel storgae containers...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230681654272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The big one (13.5cm dia x 17cm high) is destined to become a hobo stove, either with a 12cm Zebra billy (not bought yet), or possibly using one of the other ones as a billy (depends on how tight the lids are - pot lid should be easy to lift off one-handed when over a fire without risking spillage).

Some Helikon level 2 thermals...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270777467...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Not sure how warm these are, but I suspect they're warmer than the more typical types (seem to have a more fleecy inside surface). Mainly for use in Scotland during the winter. Anybody tried them?

And a fleece lined windproof and showerproof smock...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300833296...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Something in me says it's too cheap to be any good. On the other hand, if I see it as a windproof jumper, maybe it isn't too bad. (Only one way to find out.)

- Becker BK2 (I know, it's heavy but I want something that'll last 'forever')
- Nalgene Oasis canteen (1L) + Nalgene Collapsible canteen (1.5L)
- used Stainless steel canteen cup
- compass
- tablet for water purification

still looking for a good tarp and a book about edible plants (and wildlife ;) ) in Scotland/England, but so far so good..

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
swallow, you will have to tell me how long the batteries last in your Mapwins head torch. The las one I purchaced from them was a 3 colour one (green white and red) and the batteries that where 2 aaa , lasted 2 hours. Bought a 15 quid one from oswald baileys using coin cells and they last for 40 hours and weigh 20g.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Went to the local charity warehouse today and picked up this.
na3edyju.jpg

A Jansport external frame pack its all there zips work etc. I'd fancied trying an external frame pack again and i think this one will fit the bill.
Also picked up a Kai pak 3 tent which has never been used. I was going to use the material for a project but it seems to good to break up. I just need to find some poles. There is an old thread from 2007 i found here does anyone have any experience of this tent ? I have never heard of them. The price was a £1 each what a bargain!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hydrogen Peroxide. To care for a couple of wounds over the next two weeks; I had two skin cancers removed yesterday.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hydrogen Peroxide. To care for a couple of wounds over the next two weeks; I had two skin cancers removed yesterday.

Glad they got them early enough ( I hope) I used to use it for mouth swill once every now and then. That was when I was on 3 cans of Grizzly wintergreen a day. Sadly I don't get dip sent over anymore so just stick to mouth wash. Folks don't seem to use bleach for wounds as much these days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE