What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just purchased a 6 way USB port charger splitter.

1716809072067.png

Aim to have all of my emergency blackout lanterns and head torches in a single container ( 50 Cal Box ) then have a single feed in plugged into a separate smart plug set up to a wifi app to charge them at the same rate as they degrade and lose power.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Did that thing where I dropped an item in my basket while I looked at other prices and colours etc. Then, having chosen and it being late at night due to rabbitholing on YouTube, hit ‘Buy’ and went off to sleep. Hence there are 2 Helikon Tex Swagman roll poncho things arriving tomorrow. Ah well, at least I can see them properly rather than the same stock pics everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: TeeDee

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Did that thing where I dropped an item in my basket while I looked at other prices and colours etc. Then, having chosen and it being late at night due to rabbitholing on YouTube, hit ‘Buy’ and went off to sleep. Hence there are 2 Helikon Tex Swagman roll poncho things arriving tomorrow. Ah well, at least I can see them properly rather than the same stock pics everywhere.
Which colours did you get? Have been eyeing one up but undecided on colour

CPWSolf

Jul 5, 2010
Cumbria, UK
View attachment 88068
An ex-demo Olight i1R EOS for €11.

Visited my favourite outdoors shop in Valencia while I'm here (Aventura Gimenez), hoping to come away with some new cutlery - they have a very comprehensive selection of Spanish brands like Joker, Muela, Cudeman, J&V etc.

I had my eye on a Joker Artica in green micarta, but their only one had some chips in the edge. Couldn't leave empty handed so spotted this little guy in a display case. Didn't realise at the time but it's rechargeable which is a huge plus.

I found one of these last year in the middle of the road. Had clearly been run over a few times. Knew the brand from my army days (never used them)....took it home, charged it up. Been on my keys ever since and swmbo even oicked up one it was that good.

Reactions: Foogs

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Which colours did you get? Have been eyeing one up but undecided on colour
Tiger Stripe was kind of my ‘place marker’ so I could go back to the seller, then Desert Night Camo dropped in with it, and I’m still looking at Dark Earth because it’s plainer and has Old Ben Kenobi charm.

Reactions: gg012

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Something wonderful for my campervan. I’m seriously hoping its going to say, “I’m afraid I can’t do that, Dave” and “Dave, my mind is going, I can feel it” when I try to switch it off. :cool:

13,500mAh powerbank battery, 2700K to 6000K, 5 brightness levels on a super simple couple of buttons on the back, plus red light. Several fixings, tripod, strong magnet, strap loop, and carabiner hook. It’ll magnet above the sliding door when the awning is out.

Klarus WL3

IMG_1644.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Something wonderful for my campervan. I’m seriously hoping its going to say, “I’m afraid I can’t do that, Dave” and “Dave, my mind is going, I can feel it” when I try to switch it off. :cool:

13,500mAh powerbank battery, 2700K to 6000K, 5 brightness levels on a super simple couple of buttons on the back, plus red light. Several fixings, tripod, strong magnet, strap loop, and carabiner hook. It’ll magnet above the sliding door when the awning is out.

Klarus WL3

View attachment 88150

View attachment 88151

You are missing your furry tail off the top of the aerial.

( I would have suggested a flag of some sort but you can get arrested for that these days )

Nice.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You are missing your furry tail off the top of the aerial.

( I would have suggested a flag of some sort but you can get arrested for that these days )

Nice.
I have got a flag, but the aerial (fibreglass pole that I can run a wire up) is so whippy it bends it right over if there’s a wind.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Bought the Firemaple 1.2l bushpot.

To be paired with my alcostove:

There are many bushpots of this size but very few of them have a spout which is an essential requirement for me as I only boil water for freeze dry meals or coffee. And a spout helps pouring without spilling.
But why not a kettle; I hear you ask. Well because there have to be the possibility to cook a soup if the need would happen to arise. Or boil eggs. Or noodles.

Last edited:

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
Bought the Firemaple 1.2l bushpot.

To be paired with my alcostove:

There are many bushpots of this size but very few of them have a spout which is an essential requirement for me as I only boil water for freeze dry meals or coffee. And a spout helps pouring without spilling.
But why not a kettle; I hear you ask. Well because there have to be the possibility to cook a soup if the need would happen to arise. Or boil eggs. Or noodles.
Where did you get the burner stand from.Thanks.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Insurance for overland trekking :)

Engine starter & tyre pump

View attachment 88179

Good call, I just added one to the camper. They're really hard to research, I ended up with a Ultrai one that reviewed well but was nowhere near the battery capacity claimed, and the compressor hose was connected inside the unit. Either the compressor blew a seal or the hose did, but it became useless as a pump the first time I used it.

Replaced it with this one.

IMG_4735.jpeg

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales

Foogs

May 12, 2023
UK
Carinthia Goretex Bivvy Bag

Finally got fed up of the odd wriggle to get into my top loader old British Army Bivvy, and treated myself to the Army clone of the insanely expensive bag. Got a central zip, covered by a very good storm flap.

Looking forward to getting out on a hill and curling up in that.
Very tempting!

I wa about to buy the Dutch hooped bivvy, but this is turning my head

Was the Dutch model on your radar at all?

And does this model have the mosquito net fitted?

May 17, 2020
Wales
Very tempting!

I wa about to buy the Dutch hooped bivvy, but this is turning my head

Was the Dutch model on your radar at all?

And does this model have the mosquito net fitted?

I have a Dutch Hooped bivy, and very good it is too.

I got the Carinthia for a couple of reasons, mainly I need a spare bivvy for upcoming trips with my son.

The Dutch Hooped is excellent, and wild camped in it in awful (and lovely) conditions. One thing I would say it that when fully zipped up, you are literally in a dark sack - it is quite isolating. The spare Carinthia means I can plan out and where possible use a tarp and enjoy the all around view.

I don't believe this Carinthia model has a mesh fitted, so it is a "mummy style", and you can either go inside for the full-on turtle, or leave a crack open when under a tarp.

Another good thing, this is a plain neutral colour - not DPM. So whilst I like being discrete, I don't always want to look like I've wondered off a training area.

It's insane they charge Euro 650 for this, when you can get a issued-clone for a fraction.

But I suppose there are always those that will pay for a name, where there's a plainer functional alternative (like all the dudes running around in Arc’teryx, when it became a de-facto uniform).

Reactions: Foogs and Dan00001

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE