What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’ve been using one of the Zyliss Smart Café filter mugs or an Aeropress for my coffee, generally having 2 - 3 mugs during the first half of the day. It’s a bit of a faff cleaning out the Zyliss for a second cup, and often the Aeropress is cold in the ceramic mug before I remember to drink it.

I’ve also discovered Cast Iron Coffee Roasters near where I live, and the merits of buying freshly roasted and ground (graded for how you make your coffee: espresso, pour over, Aeropress, French press). Then I decided a hand grinder ought to be added so I can grind to my needs. Then, after a lot of ‘can I justify the cost?’ internal battles, I obviously caved and bought this epic and bombproof Yeti press. Clean coffee, separated from the grounds by a seal, keeps hot for hours.

IMG_4391.jpeg

Reactions: Dan00001
i've only six machetes so i figured i needed another one :p (i hasten to add i bought only one seven years ago, the rest are found or passed on aanndd machetes are common and cheap every-day items here in central america...)
the one i got today is a 12" version from "corneta" for an upcoming project, afterwards it will be used on trips where a full-sized machete would be overkill (f.i. opening a coconut on the beach). interestingly it says "made in colombia" and "Gebr. (=Gebrueder(Brothers))Weyersberg, Solingen Germay" on the sticker -- those krauts have their influence everywhere...(rather off-topic, but U161 torpedoed the "San Pablo" in limon harbour on july 3rd 1942 which resulted in Costa Rica declaring war on the Nazis...)

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I’ve been using one of the Zyliss Smart Café filter mugs or an Aeropress for my coffee, generally having 2 - 3 mugs during the first half of the day. It’s a bit of a faff cleaning out the Zyliss for a second cup, and often the Aeropress is cold in the ceramic mug before I remember to drink it.

I’ve also discovered Cast Iron Coffee Roasters near where I live, and the merits of buying freshly roasted and ground (graded for how you make your coffee: espresso, pour over, Aeropress, French press). Then I decided a hand grinder ought to be added so I can grind to my needs. Then, after a lot of ‘can I justify the cost?’ internal battles, I obviously caved and bought this epic and bombproof Yeti press. Clean coffee, separated from the grounds by a seal, keeps hot for hours.

View attachment 87805
I've got a Gaggia Classic. Great machine and can be picked up relatively cheap s/h

Reactions: matarius777

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
I've got a Gaggia Classic. Great machine and can be picked up relatively cheap s/h
I have the Gaggia Classic, just keeps on working (had it for years). Makes a lovely cup, albeit being a bit faffy with the preheating and cleaning the steamer wand and what have you, although it’s just become an automatic, polished routine.

Reactions: Dan00001

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Yes, there are newer machines that are a bit less involved but it becomes routine and I enjoy it. I swapped the steam want from the plastic type that is supposed to be idiot proof to a proper metal one and it steams milk so much better.

I'm pretty good at steaming milk now, which is more than can be said for my latte art

Reactions: matarius777

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Yes, there are newer machines that are a bit less involved but it becomes routine and I enjoy it. I swapped the steam want from the plastic type that is supposed to be idiot proof to a proper metal one and it steams milk so much better.

I'm pretty good at steaming milk now, which is more than can be said for my latte art
I remember when I got it, I read on some forum about getting different things for it, the steam wand like you got and I think the other might have been a different basket thing, the coffee holder with the handle. I might look into the steam wand.

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
Most pleasing aren’t they?

I am still on the fence about one of these. I need to convince myself that I need one. Can you help?
It's exactly what I hoped it would be so I'm smitten. Can't tell it's in my pocket but it's got real density in hand, grippy too. I have a Folts Minimalist which is ok but the finger grooves dictate how you hold it, the Firefly is way better.
gg, If you use a small fixed blade regularly I'll push you off the fence and say get one.

Reactions: gg012 and Decacraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE