What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Impressively quick. Standard first class postage too, I think being just the blade they had them ready to go. Only problem is I now really fancy one of there carving axes!
I did too, but seller wanted to keep it. Not surprised really. The smaller axe carves really well

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I'm airing the issue mosquito net before putting g the BCBcamp bed away.

20211217_225857.jpg

Had a good shopping trip today, picked up a new Molle belt thing in a charity shop for £3.99

20211218_195146.jpg

You can get them for 11 quid on Amazon but looks well enough made. I may use it as utility apron while in camp.

20211218_181433.jpg

Ignore the group top right that's just new stuff bought in a hardware shop for work on the house. Anyroad we hit Mike's tool stall in Colne and herself got a new Opinel saftey/ kids knife for reasons unknown but probably to do with eating. She has a perfectly good No12, but I suppose its a bit big for cutting cheese and buttering bread I suppose. I also got her a rather nice Rodgers stainless steel pruning knife and saw for a fiver, a proper Sheffield made one. Blades loo, perfect but then.astic scales need scratches polishing out.

I blew 15 on a MiB Marples improved beechwood mitre box, still has the old money price written on the box.

A couple of ratchet screwdrivers to go with the box of Bahco 8mm hex bits cost me 2 quid a pop and a Cintrand hand sander with a part used plate and two new plates was a quid, as was the minty Rabone Chesterman 6 inch ruler. Theres a bit of rust on the angle grinder wire brush nut but otherwise it's as new, should be useful for removing scale when the lad starts using his welding and forging gear. Last thing I got is the slightly strange orange handled knife which I think is for taking bird carcases apart, it not been used and the saw teeth are rather evil but not very strong looking. I think the split end is for popping joints apart but I'd love to know what it's really meant for.

On the way I picked up a coup,e more of the brass zipped cotton bags for a quid for two, I've found them very handy. I was given the wooden plate, yptherex a couple of cracks but a squirt of superglue and rapid light cla ping before I refinish ut should sort them out. I think it's oak.

20211218_195446.jpg

When we got home they had delivered the Helikon Tex E and E pouch, they are currently on offer on Amazon, still pretty dear but I've a use for it. Need to rig a shoulder strap for it.

ATB

Tom

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Been looking at those myself, what are your impressions?
I'm impressed. I like the Nessmuk pattern and have a few already, so I was pretty sure I knew what I wanted. It's nicely finished but I did touch up the blade and gave the wood some walnut oil. The sheath is very well made. It cost me £76 but since ordering I found it's available from UK based Cyclaire for £89. Frankly I think it's damn good value, 14C28N is a good steel and the walnut is very pretty.

...and if anyone's wondering: the anniversary edition has a high sabre grind rather than a scandi grind.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Fantastic.

Went for the Anniversary Edition as I reckon the sabre grind is better for food prep, and to be honest, that will probably be its biggest use.

ten days ago i transferred the money and today i picked it up at the post office (about two months of exchanging emails with the country's only dealer and some hassle later -- not the dealer's fault as his customer service was to my satisfaction!): a new "silky" 130mms pocketboy to replace its bitterly missed predecessor (which i lost about 3years ago during an armed robbery in nicaragua...) -- #1 was medium teeth(=black handle), this time i opted for fine teeth (=blue handle) which should be better suited for bamboo and the local hardwoods :)
i treated myself to it despite the fact that shipping and import meant about 2.5 times the price i paid for #1 in Japan to celebrate the fact that i recently managed to get my paperwork sorted and obtain citizenship :cool:

my next goal will be a replacement for the also-lost Leatherman "supertool"

Reactions: Winnet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE