What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
A 3m canvas bell tent. My knees are done with small crawl in tents,! a bit more comfort for when I go actual camping, as its usually local and on sites where a fire is possible, and I cant use a hammock. I hate plastic tents! Too cold in the cold, too hot in the heat, and I'm staying as true as i can to no more plastic purchases.

Kaktusfin

Jan 21, 2021
Finland
Want something like this but this is too expensive for me so I just have to wait for Varusteleka to get restocked on their puffy jacket.
I have varusteleka puffy jacket too, its really good for 3 season use. Have it always on my rucksack. Planned to use combination of those two jackets when i'm in winter conditions.

That's true, its not cheapest, bought it at varuste.net sale, was about 100e cheaper than normal price.

cmarkod

Feb 18, 2016
Manchester
Just got a new winter bag. Tundra Simply Green -15. Great bit of kit for the price. They originally retailed at £200 but are now discontinued. Tundra still have a few knocking about and I got it for £50. Here's the link to the -25 bag. The info s the same other than temp rating, slightly smaller pack size and mine weighs in at 1.5kg. https://www.tundrasleepingbags.com/assets/uploads/files/Simply_Green_Factsheet.pdf
A bargain to be had if anyone is on the lookout. They had a few of both the -15 and -25 bags left when I got mine a few days ago.

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
over the last week I've got a couple of bits. A wallet tool thing from Heinie https://heinnie.com/survival-card it's opened some beers, cut some packaging and some string and once I took the little dogtag lanyard bit off fits in my wallet/phone in a little cover to stop things getting cut. For the price well worth having on me.
Also a set of hunter mittens from decathlon that are softshell, and have fingereless with a mitten flapover them. They're OK and not as overkill as my ski mitts for dog walking etc. Only downside is that the flap has a popstud on it and therefore even with the mitten over the fingerless bit you still get a bit of a draft. But for the price they seem decent after a couple of week's wear.

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
Does the draft come through where the stud is? Can you seal it up?
yep its's a hollow stud. to be fair if its proper cold, I've got much better mitts and gloves, these are more just from knocking about it. I'd be pretty easy just to cover it, but I probably won't get round to it.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Decathlon is a world wide selling shop chaine. But their main business is surely France.
I own a lot of Solognac equipment and it works very well and offers an outstanding good value for the money but it is constructed for France.

If one doesn't expect that it's made for Scandinavia it is convincing.

What they call winter equipment a Swede would call three seasons equipment. That's the point.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
24 kilner jars, ready to preserve this years garden produce. I waited until autumn last year to try getting some, and it was difficult, as everyone wanted them at the same time.
I was going to order through a friend online, but asked my local hardware/kitchen suppliers shop if they could get them , I got them cheaper, and I didn't have to pay postage either.
It can be worth shopping in your smaller local shops. Keep those struggling local shops going! They need your business, and will bend over backwards to get your custom.

Reactions: santaman2000

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I havent bought anything bushcrafty in ages

I dont know whether to be saddened or relieved
Always good not to consume if not needed. Modern world is too much fast fashion and other unsustainable consumerism. One out one in is what I try to do with clothing for example. If something is m it's last legs I simply replace with n something equivalent. I have mostly what I need so it's really about replacement now.

My gear freak previous self wouldn't recognize me now!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE