What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
German Police winter hat from Forest Surplus in Ross on Wye. £16 with 10% BCUK discount. I went there for a Swedish army winter hat, but even after sourcing the biggest one he could get, Mark still didn't have one to fit me.
The German hat is much nicer anyway. :)

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Get a Mora :)

As Mesquite says 'get a Mora'. It's a better all-rounder.

I haven't used it out and about as yet, but in pottering around with it in my garden with it, the Schrade seems actually actually to be very good camp tool for light processing of wood, making firesticks, etc. but it's too heavy and unwieldy for any fine work. I'll post more thoughts when I've used it when camping out in a couple of weeks. For now the Mora's deserved excellent reputation makes is a better bet.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
German Police winter hat from Forest Surplus in Ross on Wye. £16 with 10% BCUK discount. I went there for a Swedish army winter hat, but even after sourcing the biggest one he could get, Mark still didn't have one to fit me.
The German hat is much nicer anyway. :)

Sounds interesting...have you got a picture?

Marshall

Nomad
Jan 22, 2013
Gdańsk, Poland
www.AdamMarczak.com
Varta Alkaine Powerpack

varta_alkaine_powerpack_0004.jpg

+ inexpensive
- works with alkaine batteries only
- cover lock

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Yesterday arrived more frost river goodness! An 18 inch pack basket, nessmuk with sternum strap, SB lunch bag and trifold fly wallet. There's a Morris billhook and a fallow deer hide which are new too. Technically they're for Christmas but I get 'em now. The basket fits the isle royale well too for a combo if I ever want too. My Weirauch was supposedly for chrimbo but apparently I'm such a good and handy lad I was inline for a treat- fair to say I got one! Anyhow onto photos: (alongside my other frost river goodies for scale)

imagejpg5_zps82cd4fca.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsdba9127f.jpg

imagejpg1_zps1ce766bd.jpg

imagejpg2_zps42616acd.jpg

imagejpg3_zps26d8349b.jpg

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I just brought myself a ridge line pull over smock. A dd underquilt, fajllraven trousers and a swanndri ranger shirt. I am so bloody excited. I haven't won the lottery. I was given some cash for my birthday and wanted to spend it on quality gear that will last a life time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE