Wanted: Hobo stove (swap for Muela Storm-W knife)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
OK, before I sell my knife, I thought I'd see if anyone here wanted it in exchange for a hobo stove...

The knife is a Muela Storm-W hunting knife. It's a full tang, 5.5" 440 stainless steel blade, with black micarta handle. It's unused and been in storage for a few years (the handle pins have some light surface corrosion). These sell for about £60 now. Details and stock photo here, http://www.amazon.com/Muela-Strom-W-Storm-Lanyard-Fixed-Tactical/dp/B004XVKKZW (I'll dig it out later and add a photo of the actual knife). It's basically brand new!

In return, I'm looking for a hobo stove kit of the sort made out of an Ikea cutlery drainer and a 12cm Zebra billy can (e.g. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52780). This needs to be very well made and in good condition!

Please add your expressions of interest below and pm me details of stove + photos. I'll pick the one I like best :) Sound fair?

We'll each pay the postage to get it to the other person.

Sorry, but over 18s only please!

PS. Yes, I know that I could make a stove myself, but I've just moved into a caravan in a field and have no tools!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
How about a genuine Fritz Handel Bush Buddy Ultra. I will throw in the snow peak cook set not Titanium. that it sits in the cook pot is not great nick but still very useable http://bushbuddy.ca/indexs.html

Sorry just re-read your post you want a Ikea type Hobo stove, So I will withdraw the offer of the BB, all the best with your swap.

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Why on earth would you want a heavy/bulky hobo/ikea stove when you could just get a proper wood gasification stove like a bushbuddy or wild stove? You can get a Wild Stove clone from China for about £15 delivered and they are exact same quality as original.

I'm quite baffled.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i agree with tom moran i just bought the chinese copy of the wood gas stove it the dogs doodads

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
ADz-1983, I don't like stoves where the pot balances delicately on top of the stove, which can be avoided with the hobo-type design, as the pot sits inside.

However, I've been looking at the reviews of the Bush Buddy Ultra, and that's a nice bit of kit! Woodstock, are you still up for a swap? (PM also sent.)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
ADz-1983, I don't like stoves where the pot balances delicately on top of the stove, which can be avoided with the hobo-type design, as the pot sits inside.

However, I've been looking at the reviews of the Bush Buddy Ultra, and that's a nice bit of kit! Woodstock, are you still up for a swap? (PM also sent.)

I've never had a problem using pots on top of them.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Fair point! But with the IKEA hobo stoves there is at least the possibility of not having to do that if you get the right sized pot. Anyway...

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Not heard back from woodstock so this is still open for now.

He'll be back.

Meantime have you had a look at the hobo stove thread? It shows all sorts of mods that people have done to improve on an already good design.

Good luck with your swap mate, sounds like a really good deal for whoever trades with you. All the best in your new place too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE