TV celeb came to learn some Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks.

We had a TV celebrity come and join us for some really basic Bushcraft lessons over the weekend...

We were also joined by the very talented "Chicken of the Wood" who as many of you are aware is great at foraging for food...

So, What can our mystery guest do...
Making fire...
2u4tvsz.jpg

I have ignition
2vtto51.jpg

Transferring the tinder
309tzxx.jpg

Into the prepared kindling
29dbyud.jpg

The rush for more fire wood
4hljhmr.jpg

Smoke gets in your eyes, or is it emotion at having succeeded?
2mpy6ht.jpg

Now where is that kettle :D

Our "celebrity" had a great weekend and will be (hopefully) joining us for another weekend later in the year.

LS

For those who aren't sure who the lady is...Brigit Strawbridge from Its Not Easy Being Green, wife of Dick Strawbridge from Scrapheap Challenge.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
ludlowsurvivors said:
I guess so, it is the one I set up.

LS
Very nice LS matey and not all that far from me really either :) ,can anyone drop by or do you need an invite???

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
CLEM said:
Very nice LS matey and not all that far from me really either :) ,can anyone drop by or do you need an invite???

Very special invite unfortunately, site will be dismantled later this year though so not sure of the future at the moment.

LS

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
ludlowsurvivors said:
, site will be dismantled later this year though so not sure of the future at the moment.

LS
Sad that is LS,sorry to hear that mate!

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Ogri the trog said:
Go Brigit go,
Whats next LS, friction fire?
Pass on our congratulations.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Well, we got James Strawbridge to have a try at that...

40fwy9e.jpg

Lots of smoke but fire unfortunately...NOT!

LS

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
ludlowsurvivors said:
Well, we got James Strawbridge to have a try at that...

40fwy9e.jpg

Lots of smoke but fire unfortunately...NOT!

LS

No idea to whom either of those two are, but its good to see lots of unsheathed knives lying around LS :p :p

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ah heck im just jealous, coz i had a weekend consisting of 80th birthday parties. :theyareon

Good to see more people getting out there and trying it out! Congrats to them

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Poor James, getting frustrated with the bow drill and leaving his Kukri and Frosts Mora unsheathed...good job there were no children around...Did tell James to get a belt for those trousers though, could have had those knifes sheathed in between use then:rolleyes:

Perhaps some here would know these people if they think of the family of Dick Strawbridge from Scrapheap Challenge and a few other programmes he has done...It's Not Easy Being Green is another they have been on.

LS

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Nightwalker said:
Infact one celeb I would like to see doing a bit of Bushcraft would be Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall. :) Thinking about it I would have loved to have seen Hugh partnering on Ray Mears Wild Food series, perfect combination :lmao:

TV heaven for Matty right there!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE