The Steam Tent Co-operative at the Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Oh, that's why you were so gruff with me; you didn't want me anywhere near your roast.

I forgive you
The only time I recall being anything close to "Gruff" with you at the Gathering was the time you walked right into the midst of a conversation and tried to interrupt it. Rather bad manners in my book.

As for the food, we invite the guests we choose to share dinner with, we do not expect them to invite themselves and then try to guilt trip us into feeding them. Also bad manners.

You have tried to scrounge food from us on a number of occasions before and it always leads one to think "What is she after this time?" whenever you choose to visit. I have heard many similar stories from others that you have treated in the same way. You have developed a reputation for such practices that precedes you and does you no credit.

I am not aware of anything I require your forgiveness for other than being cautious about offering hospitality based upon the experience that you will usually abuse it.

That is an example of me being "Gruff"...

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sadly, we have limited space to set up in. I think we could only fit one, or possibly two, more tents in.
Aye, that's the limiting factor is the size of our pitch.

The other thing is if we have more tents then the security issue of policing them because more difficult. The amount of things really liked by our visitors could be tempting to certain undesirables known to have visited the WG previously

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I can imagine that’s a nightmare. When I display costumes and props at conventions it’s really stressful keeping an eye on it all.

Reactions: Wayland

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I was very impressed and I noticed the Scouts who were there were also fascinated about your camp style - which I think is a compliment.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Here's the video that Jane took of the Wilderness Gathering along with a picture of Colin, Gary and myself in our glory :D
241185128_10158021756292035_8832828319295221438_n.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE