Trying to be organised

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
currently, i just use ziploc freezer bags for my first aid items, and a few color coded(ie: blue=toiletries, yellow=cooking) nylon drawstring bags for other items.
you could also look for the thicker ziplock style plastic makeup bags in pharmacies. ive had a few of those for several years.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I used to wrap stuff in an old cloth beer mat (the ones we patched our jeans with) and used it as a tool roll.

These days the cloth beer mat is used as a face towel kept with wash kit in my bergan and I carry odds and ends in an old cloth bank bag.

Liam

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My loose bits and odds are stored in leather pouches. On a long fixed camp various bits are stored in woven baskets hanging from a rail between 2 tripods.....

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
To keep things organised i pack my stuff into packing cubes. They are lightweight and well made, it means i can keep my camp organised and packing away into bergan/canoepack is a doddle.

http://www.eaglecreek.com/packing_solutions/packing_cubes/
41058-CG.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
To quote the Scout handbook from the late 60s/early 70s, "a properly packed backpack is a sack full of sacks."

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Sorted, thanks to Nolightweight for the punt in the right direction

I went with this pouch from Helikon
IMG-20111110-00310.jpg

Front zip of the pouch holds some nordic summer (i know its winter now but like to keep my kit together else i will lose it)
IMG-20111110-00311.jpg

Front pocket - hold tin of cotton balls and a lighter
IMG-20111110-00312.jpg

Main pouch - contains my head torch, torch, repair kit, matches and spare batteries.
IMG-20111110-00313.jpg

all the contents out.
IMG-20111110-00314.jpg

feel all organised now. just got to test it out in the woods.

what do people use to keep the small bits you carry into the woods organised.

I used to have Snugpak RP, but sold that as it was too big and now looking for smaller something to replace it. What do you use to keep your kit organised?

What i am looking for is somthing to hold a small torch, a head torch, spare batteries, firekit (ligher, tin of cotton balls, matches), Repair Kit, Mozzie Repelent and a sharpener.

I have an old shaving/toiletries bag. One of those that rolls up, with loads of pockets of varying sizes, and mesh compartments. It's the type with a metal hook, so that gets hung from a convenient branch, or hammock rope.

lol nice one. let us know what its like :) i think its too big for what i want but looks interesting.

Got it yesterday its a lot bigger than you needed looking at the pouch you got but a nice step between a Medic side pouch and a Maxpedition organizer lots of slots and its padded front and back probably use it as a sharps multi carry bag would certainly be great for a folder collection

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE