Tragic news !!!!!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think a female Dr Who would be OK. It's always been a more cerebrally orientated character and women are just as brave as men. Plus my old Sensei was a female and she'd kick your butt most days. Plus Dr Who has a history of good female characters Sarah Jane, Zoe Heriot, Ace, Barbra Wright, Leela, Rose Tyler and Amy Pond and River Song. And it'd be much better than going back to the likes of Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker. We'll just have to make sure we call her a female Dr and not a Lady Dr which is a whole other show.

GB. (There I've channelled my geek for the day).

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
That the doctor can change appearance periodocally...OK, it's just credible, but changing sex, Ha !.......& what if something went wrong during the transformation, BBC audiences may not be ready for a she-male doctor :rofl:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
watched it since i was a kid ad ime 60 this year still love it male or female bring it on ,
i think there i a christmas special and then thats it for the present doctor regards dave

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
never realy warmed to him the whole amy pond story bored me to tears

hoped this new one would be better - not convined

lest face it the series needs 'the Master'

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Tragic News! My bottom! Watched this rubbish when i was a kid, remember hiding behind the sofa, what an absolute waste of the license payers money, the only good thing, was it was absent from our screens for a number of years, then a massive groan from me when they reinvented it.

I personally would pay SKY'S top package to banish it, and all repeats from the screen.(And i dislike Rupert Murdoch, intensely)

Utter sh1te!!

Just an opinion of course.

Ivan...

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Tragic News! My bottom! Watched this rubbish when i was a kid, remember hiding behind the sofa, what an absolute waste of the license payers money, the only good thing, was it was absent from our screens for a number of years, then a massive groan from me when they reinvented it.

I personally would pay SKY'S top package to banish it, and all repeats from the screen.(And i dislike Rupert Murdoch, intensely)

Utter sh1te!!

Just an opinion of course.

Ivan...

Never floated my boat either, and I'm a bit of a sci-fi/fantasy geek.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Can you explain the difference?

215003-birds-and-bees.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice one demographic, another thing i never understood, why the birds and the bee's, still anything that took us from wasting valuable typing time on rubbish, i am all for.

Dr Who? On a Bushcraft site, whatever next?

Ivan...

Biker

Never floated my boat either, and I'm a bit of a sci-fi/fantasy geek.

Me too. Like Ivan said I hid behind the sofa a couple of times as a kid. I have a vague memory of a Yeti freaking me out, but I lost interest right after Tom Baker came into the role. My kids love it though, as do my nieces and nephews and they're all in their late teens early 20's. Horses for courses I guess.

After you with the mind bleach Colin, thanks. :lmao:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
I'm surprised Matt Smith is stepping down from Dr Who to pursue a film career. I had no idea that Wallace needed a stunt double for his next adventure with Gromit.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have you seen Matt Smith play the younger version of Ralph Fiennes character Harry Waters in the film "In Bruges"? was deleted in the final cut but is available on the DVD or on Youtube. I hadn't seen him in anything else and he was quite good. Films well worth a watch - very good.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
My heart bleeds for you. Somebody's Pokemon died the other day too and, to top it off, his mum sold all his Spiderman comics at the village fete. WORST. THING. EVER!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE