Spring BushMoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Here's a little note to say we here hope those who had to travel through yesterdays and todays tempest arrived at their destination safely.

It was good to meet, chat and learn things and thanks for putting up in the big barn, what Wayland called 'plan B' !

Cheers from Swyn.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Arrived back and just thawing out. I made the temperature with windchill this morning -2C! Mmmmm...this idiot didn't have a plan 'B'!! Long live Tatonka tarps!

Thanks to everyone who arranged the moot and participated.

Sorry if I didn't meet everyone. Taking cover most of the time!! Pretty sure Wayland had something to do with the weather last night. I reckon he upset the Gods with his story!

Pablo

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Thanks to Tony, Swynn and all other BCUK members who made the Moot such an enjoyable weekend. It was good to catch up with a few people from the summer moot.
Although the weather tried to wash us out and then blow us away I for one had an enjoyable weekend,m and learnt a few new skills. Stuarts talks were superb and very inspiring. As for the big barn experience I think all the refugees in there had a wonderfull time.
Chas

Attachments

• 100_0954 (Small).JPG
    100_0954 (Small).JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 12
Thanks to all the guys, Swynn you are a star!
Stuarts demo on sharpening was really great especially as he did it off the cuff.

Wonderful messing around later with the blowpipe, what fun. Shame the weather cut things a little short but what the heck, we are tough bushcrafters are we not :lmao:
Will try to get to the summer moot.

Thanks again to Stuart

Shaine + Rachel

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
This was my first moot, pity the weather. I was able to put a few faces to names which was good. I came away with a few new ideas, Looking forward to the next one.
Cheers Topknot.

Great moot :cool:

Thanks to everybody that made this event possible. :You_Rock_

Ben and I had a great time and it was nice to meet with old friends and new.

Just trying to dry out my hotchies - but the weather here in Kent is not being helpful.

Thanks once again,

Phil and Ben.

D

duenorth

Thanks to all the organisers of this moot. every aspect of the weekend has been excellent great people, area, atmosphere, workshops. weather?....ok not every aspect. the fact that all the more experienced of you was willing to answer any questions or give patient help getting anything done for those of us who are new to bcuk and bushcraft was brilliant so a big thanks to u too. what a great way to get started into bushcraft :beerchug:

andy

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I can only echo what everyone else is saying, a great time :D

Thanks to everyone for making myself and James so welcome. Workshops were great.

Good to put names to faces and meet up with you all.

Looking forward to the summer moot now ;)

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Had a great time at the moot again and fortunately missed the torrential rain due visitors at home.

Buckley - I've never seen someone spend so much time sharpening knives and axes, is there anything left of your blade? ;)

John Fenna - what can I say? I thought 'Too Much Kit to Carry' had a lot of stuff but you're a close second. Oh yes, I nearly forgot, next time you make pancakes that turn out like bannock don't admit it should have been pancakes, it was pretty good bannock! :lmao:

Swyn - Thanks for the venue and for finding the cherry branches for bark containers, hopefully if the photos turn out I'll put a tutorial together for those who are interested.

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
yes,thanks to tony and swyn for sorting out the moot.had a great time ,enjoyed the workshops etc,and especially stuart`s talks.great to put names to faces at last.
happiest looking man at the moot.....bootstrap bob in his new ventile jacket,stroking it in a very worrying manner.
litefoot.:)

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Just to echo my thanks too - great weekend, despite the weather. Myself and Jake had a great time and he came back so full of it all (after a 12 hour sleep!) that now his mates want me to take them out too... OMG, what have I done... :eek: :D

special thanks to everyine who came and played bows and arrows with me in the set aside. Apologies to Swyn because in the excitement of Sunday night I completely forgot about the haybales still out there... :eek: sorry.. :togo:

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Had a great time at the moot again and fortunately missed the torrential rain due visitors at home.

Buckley - I've never seen someone spend so much time sharpening knives and axes, is there anything left of your blade? ;)

John Fenna - what can I say? I thought 'Too Much Kit to Carry' had a lot of stuff but you're a close second. Oh yes, I nearly forgot, next time you make pancakes that turn out like bannock don't admit it should have been pancakes, it was pretty good bannock! :lmao:

Swyn - Thanks for the venue and for finding the cherry branches for bark containers, hopefully if the photos turn out I'll put a tutorial together for those who are interested.

Yeah a great weekend, thanks alot for the lift much appreciated. Hope the weather got a bit better:eek:

As for the knife sharpening, I actually took the knife out of the sheath this morning to look at it, bought it up to face the light hit the dge of the blade and my eyebrows where gone:lmao: Its like somesort of light sabre.

No I think it borders on OCD, no joke!

Thanks to stuart for his talk, very knowledgeable chap.

Also thank to JD, for the Baldrick tutorial.

Of course thank to Tony, Shelly, Swyn for all their efforts.

Got to get me on of those ventile jackets, sweet!

Richie O

Jan 10, 2007
Harold Wood, Essex
Great first moot for me!

Still finishing my spoon, will post a picture of the dodgy little thing once it's finished...

Enjoyed all of the weekend and can't wait for the next one that i can get time off of work for!

Thanks to organizers, and everyone i had a beer with

Rich :D

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
i`m sure we are all broadminded adults and if you and jason like to stroke thats fair enough.i just do not want to be there again when it happens.there is only so much therapy one person have!:D
litefoot......by the way ,the cherry bark container looked wicked.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I would just like to add my thanks to Tony, Shelly, Swyn and all the other people who put their efforts in to making it a great weekend.

Stuart’s talks were fascinating and I’m definitely going to have a go at the nettle cordage, even if I do wuss out and use gloves.

It was great, as always, to put a few more faces to names but I’m sure I probably won’t remember the names of everyone I met there.

The weather was a little trying in the end and I finally bugged out when the trees started falling down, but knowing when it’s time to pack up is a very important lesson to learn. It makes you realise just how important it is to always have a “Plan B”.

You all made me very welcome and I hope some of you decide to make the return trip and enjoy a Northern welcome at the next NW. meet.

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
was my first moot
was great
the weather did not really matter too much
gave me a better insight into the subject .
the guys who ran the workshops deserve a beer or three some running round almost endlesly teaching - very generous with your time and energy .
the warm greeting we got when we arrived and through out the weekend was also a very high reason the weekend went so well .
there had been a lot of preparation that went in to the moot both by idividuals and the hosting bucks group too
thanks chaps was great

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE