BushMoot 2010 (extended) Friday the 30th July to Wednesday the 4th of August

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
Please forgive my ignorance as I am new here but I have booked my place for the Bushmoot, and I assume that due to the size and nature of the site that normal bushcraft camping is allowed, i.e. hammocks between trees, or is there a requirement for a freestanding tent?

Many Thanks,
Morrolan

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Please forgive my ignorance as I am new here but I have booked my place for the Bushmoot, and I assume that due to the size and nature of the site that normal bushcraft camping is allowed, i.e. hammocks between trees, or is there a requirement for a freestanding tent?

Many Thanks,
Morrolan

Bushcraft camping is allowed - if you want a tent, than that's fine aswell.

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
Bushcraft camping is allowed - if you want a tent, than that's fine aswell.

Many thanks for that - I'm yet to successfully camp with a hammock (obviously not doing it right!) and tend to just bivvy it under a tarp, but for 6 days I was tempted at bringing a small tent so I have somewhere to store food and stuff.

Cheers,
Morrolan

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
There's really no pressure to bushcraft (or any sort of) camp.
Camp in what you want to. Some turn up with huge 8 man family style tents because the family is with them. That's fine as long as not too many people have them because there are limited places places where they can go!
Equally, I've seen someone turn up with nothing more than a blanket and scrape a hole in the ground!

Up to you, no-one will stare, ridicule or otherwise insult you for your choice of sleeping arragement - unless it's a mate and that's the norm of course!!!

cheers

Mark

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
hi everyone,
I'm confused and cannot find anywhere when can I arrive as a full member to Bushmoot? Could it be on Thursday?
many thanks,
M

You are a normal member. Full Members are members who paid a contribution (starting at 15 GBP/year), this helps to keep up the site. In return they have the privilege to sell in the Member Classifieds section and they receive discounts at several outdoor stores. To become a Full Member, have a look at this page: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/payments.php it has all the info you need to know.

If you sign up as a FM, you then can use the link provided by Mesquite. If you decide not to become a FM, than you can't come to the extra Mootdays - just only the regular days. To get a ticket as a normal Member (thus: non-FM), go to this thread:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Hope this helps!

See you at the Moot :)

Last edited:
May 19, 2010
Melton Mowbray
thank you very much for your quick reply, unfortunately I can't acces it...That's what it says:

mijana, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. We are working on areas of bushcraft uk and so you might not have access to this area at this time. Full Members of bushcraft uk (via subscription) should have access to all articles and reviews, if you do not please contact us via the contact link.
2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

shibbyjay

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2004
Coventry
thanks tony,
just a quick question, are the rates variable if my partner and i were to come and camp for just one night? Spend saturday and sunday at the moot (much as we'd like to spend the whole 5 days there, we we have other commitments at the start of the week).
apologies if there are other threads on this subject, i,m on my mobile, as my laptop is buggered!!

regards,
Jay

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE