North Wood October/November 30~1 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
This meet once again will be on the middle pitch. i plan to expand our pitch area to give more choice whether floor or hanging, so if anyone has a chainsaw they would like to bring to assist in processing the felled wood that would be a great help. As would any others willing to muck in for an hour or two, we all benefit from a well stocked wood pile. :)

Another mini project is to complete the ditch crossing started the last meet. The coming colder months usually see more stuff bought in, so i thought this would be especially beneficial to those dropping off or collecting gear close to the middle pitching area, assuming the vehicle track is useable! :)

Once again the firewood collecting guidelines set out below will be disregarded on this meet. Anyone wanting individual fires will be allowed to source windblown or standing dead wood of any size, live wood must not be cut.

This picture was taken in 2010 at the december meet, temperature was around -14c. ok nothing to the cold weather crew, but cold enough for the uk, and a good gear tester!
[/COLOR]

for clarification this is a private and sole occupancy piece of woodland sourced and managed by me. This facility is advertised elsewhere and is available for anyone to attend either individually or as a group whatever organisation you affiliate to.

everything you need to know about the meet is here...

the long winded but necessary caveat's :rolleyes:

Location of meet

North Wood is set in the heart of middle England and has excellent access to M1, M6, M6 toll road, M42, M40 and M5.

location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, for those arriving early there is a large layby opposite the entrance, the full address is;

Middleton House Farm
Tamworth Road
Middleton,
Tamworth
North Warwickshire
B78 2BD

fees

please pay on arrival or as soon as is practicable. I don’t want to be chasing people for fees as they’re packing up!

• 18+............. £5 per night,
• Aged 12~17 .....£3 per night
• Under 12 ..........free.

Fires

Unless stated otherwise in the meet introduction, the following will apply

To ensure the future of North Wood as a camping, bushcraft venue, and to conserve the continuing stocks of wood for the communal areas, the following conditions will apply;

Wood collected and processed during the course of the meet is for use in the communal fire area (excluding small sticks, twigs) so that everyone benefits, or in some cases for the use of the farmer.

If you want to bring in your own Honey Stoves, hobo stoves, twig, small stick burners (thumb size) and the like, they are acceptable providing they have sufficient ground clearance or protection to prevent scarring. Pit fires or similar are not acceptable.

Modified jerry can (or similar) stoves, tent/tipi/lavvu stoves and the like are not acceptable unless you bring a sufficient amount of fuel for your needs for the duration of the meet.

live wood is to be left untouched, unless of course there's planned maintenance, in which case it will go to the communal fire or any projects.

With all the dead wood to hand, I know it’s going to be tempting to carry on using it for individual fires, I’m hoping this is going to be self regulating however if individuals blatantly ignore this, they will not be invited back.
This is not negotiable, If you require clarification on what is acceptable, drop me a pm.

I hope I have explained my motives for these actions clearly. They have been put in place to ensure the longevity of North Wood as a venue.

Facilities

There are male and female toilets located next to CP1, an outside water tap is situated at the end of the car park wall. (see map link below)

Rubbish

we’re still here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / fire scars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, take your rubbish home, there are no facility’s to leave it on the farm.
There have been odd occasions when other peoples rubbish has had to be disposed of, If you brought it in, it’s up to you to dispose of it. No exceptions.

Under 18s

Are to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and will be the responsibility of the person who bought, invited them.

Behaviour

Generally speaking our meets are very good natured and self regulating. However if someone is found to be unduly aggressive, unruly, or are otherwise hostile in any other form, they will be asked to leave immediately. if the offending person is a minor then the parent or loco parentis will be asked to accompany them off site.

If a member or guest has possible behavioural issues, the meet organiser should be informed before attending the site. In an instance where other members or their guests are put at risk, the member, inviting member and/or their guest will be asked to leave with immediate effect.

Risks

there is no insurance cover of any description covering the attendees of North Wood meets, any incidents arising will be entirely at your own risk.

dogs or other pets

Are not allowed, exceptions can be made under special circumstances.

Restricted areas

A small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, unless otherwise instructed this will be marked and out of bounds, as will a small area within the wood which is personal to the farmer and is strictly out of bounds, (see map link below).

Access

Access is from 1200 on the given date unless we have made prior arrangements to get in earlier. For security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight from 1900 to 0800 and all day Sunday, possible late or early arrivals feel free to pm me for the gate code. We will vacate the site no later than 1300. On whatever day the meet ends

The gate from the farm yard into the meadow must be kept closed at all times, if you open it you close it,

the fields on the approach to the wood are sometimes hired out to a private company. if on arrival there is any activity on the meadow between CP1 and the wood, and you need to unload or park your vehicle on CP2 or CP3, keep to the track and proceed with caution at 15mph

Medical

There are no medical facilities on site, the nearest A & E is 15 minutes drive at;

Good Hope Hospital
Rectory Road,
Sutton Coldfield,
Birmingham,
B75 7RR

And finally for those not familiar with north wood, this link may help...

switch to satellite and click on the symbols for more information.

well that’s it for now, any questions just sing out

All the best and look forward to meeting you, :D

Steve

Last edited:

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this in your paste.

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this in your paste.

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971
5. TinkyPete TBC

Just to let you know I will be doing a small Mapping reading and Navigation master-class suited to all levels, it will include a mini navigation exercise and observation test :) . Also I will have some practical first aid stuff including modern military bandages how they work and their uses and some other practical outdoor first aid if people want.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Toxophilite TBC

I have added your name to the list

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Toxophilite TBC
7. Karl82 TBC unlikely but i can dream

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Toxophilite TBC
8. Dewi +1 TBC

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Toxophilite TBC
8. Dewi +1 TBC
9. Twodogs TBC

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Toxophilite TBC
8. Dewi +1 TBC
9. Twodogs TBC
10. Outdoorlifeofbrian 30 - 01

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

1. Woodspirits 30~01
2. NLW 30-01 TBC
3. MartinK9 30-01 TBC
4. Johnnyboy1971
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Toxophilite TBC
8. Dewi +1 TBC
9. Twodogs TBC
10. Outdoorlifeofbrian 30-01
11. Sasquatch & Joseph TBC

Karl, have a word with Bodge, I think he mentioned having a shop mobility scooter from a house clearance for sale. That would see you right! I can build an off road suspension for it if need be, or air ride if you'd prefer to drop it too;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE