Real coffee making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
when i measured i had about a 10mm gap betyween the surface of the water and the lip of the mug, i also measured it with the plunger in place to give a true reading of the capacitiy, i use mine all the time, great bit of kit, handy as well when the landowner comes over as you can offer him a cup of real coffee, just remember to serve it in a Swedish folding mug.:)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I use one of these for my morning coffee at home and when out camping or walking http://www.whittard.co.uk/equipment...ries/tea_filter_basket_for_chatsford_mugs.htm
171413.jpg
Not bad for £3

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Not knowing what a Swedish folding mug is i switched tabs and put it it google, i had gooogle shopping open still. you got me excited there for a moment lol miss mary of sweden, very nice.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
cowboy coffee is the way forward, no exspence as you just use your normal bill or pot....

how it works.....

take your pot billy or what ever, fill it with the required amount of water for your coffee pluss a little bit more, to allow for the coffee to do its thing, heat it on your fire stove or heat source of choice, when it simmers add the coffee of choice, stir well...

heat for another few moments, then remove from the heat or to a cooler spot by the fire...

let it stand for 30 seconds, stir well again then leave for 2-4 mins, by this time the coffee should have sunk to the bottom...

its done, slowly tip of your coffee into your mug, or if your like me and use your mug to brew in, drink away....:)

thats the cowboy way... it works for me....;)

Jan 15, 2012
essex
cowboy coffee is the way forward, no exspence as you just use your normal bill or pot....

how it works.....

take your pot billy or what ever, fill it with the required amount of water for your coffee pluss a little bit more, to allow for the coffee to do its thing, heat it on your fire stove or heat source of choice, when it simmers add the coffee of choice, stir well...

heat for another few moments, then remove from the heat or to a cooler spot by the fire...

let it stand for 30 seconds, stir well again then leave for 2-4 mins, by this time the coffee should have sunk to the bottom...

its done, slowly tip of your coffee into your mug, or if your like me and use your mug to brew in, drink away....:)

thanks but i will stick with the coffee press, boiling coffee up will ruin the flavour. fussy when it comes to coffee i am.

how it works.....

What he said..

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
i got me one of these and cut the handle off - works a treat

l_SC5120.jpg

Loads available online, just search for cafetiere mug

My one of these died last time i was out after 4 years of daily service indoors and many a trip outdoors, very sad to see her go :(

Jan 15, 2012
essex
I'm a coffee fiend and have just ordered a MSR coffeemate but having seen resnikov's post, not sure I made the right choice.!!

I was looking at them, at first i thought you got the cup and filter for 16.99 but then found out it was just the filter. over priced for what it is.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
i got me one of these and cut the handle off - works a treat

l_SC5120.jpg

Loads available online, just search for cafetiere mug
[h=1][/h]

Have had one for 2 years now, excellent bit of kit for us caffeine addicts. Just don't overfill as the mug widens near the top and the plunger doesn't seal there

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Some of you lads make life hard lol. Boil your water, add fresh coffee, stir and pour through a tea strainer which cost about 40p in Wilkinson.

I've got all sorts at home from filter to French press to Percolators, press is my favourite home brew, percolator or espresso pots on trips.

I've got one of these, 4.7l Postage to UK is $15 so its £20 for the pot delivered, silly cheap money and a really nice ebay seller
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-20-...883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebac86523
I'll be using this on the back of the wood burner as a gallon water heater mainly :)

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
How I miss my Coffee!

unfortunately Caffeine and I can longer be friends, turns me a little strange these days to say the least!

Maybe too much, too young, too strong but aside from the odd one in a morning, it best if I stay away:(

Have a couple of different Cafetiere mugs from TKmaxx but usually used the Lyons bags when camping/fishing.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
A grinder is temping lol more weight in my rucksack. Trying to cut that down now i am a bit older. Already been and got myself a new primus omnifuel stove so i can cook good food, lent my old stove to someone and you can guess i never see it again. Got to watch my comfort goodies lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE