Rannoch Quinzhee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
scotty you've no chance bud ,,, it's twice the size of the merrick

The Merrick is a real slog to the top gaz the summit height is 2765ft and the Buachaille is 3353ft, but when you consider that when you step out the car at Glencoe you are 1100ft above sea level ! Another great mountain is goat fell on the isle of Arran at 2867ft ,which you are climbing the full height as you come off the ferry .Although these are not classed as "munros " i found these two mountains a harder slog than any of glencoes range as you are actually doing more work. i could not understand why as many hillwalkers "munro baggers "overlooked the beautifull mountains just because the did,nt reach the 3000ft status to make them a munro.

Last edited:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Brilliant thread Wayland, I can't wait to work with you out in Norway next year.
Your photographs are excellent as always!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Thanks Tony.

Greg, you wouldn't believe how much I'm looking forward to it, every time I look at my kit I'm weighing up which bits to take, what to buy and what needs modification.
excited.gif

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks Tony.

Greg, you wouldn't believe how much I'm looking forward to it, every time I look at my kit I'm weighing up which bits to take, what to buy and what needs modification.
excited.gif

I know, Me TOO!:D
I've just bought myself a snow shovel today, because I've only got 12 months to prepare!!!!:yikes:

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Informative as always Wayland. Will have to give the Quinzhee a go some time.
Great use of the intervalometer as well - thats one added to my wish list!
Thanks for sharing

Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE