Rannoch Quinzhee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Cracking photo that last one Gary. I've had to sleep in one only the one time and was not impressed by the experience, but they are an efficient shelter when all is said and done.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Schiehallion looks spectacular in that last photo, thanks Wayland.

It looks so spectacular it could easily be mistaken for Buachaille Etive Mor, or even the other way around.

what camera and how do you take those pics,tripod?

The first two shots were taken handheld on my Canon G10 compact and the last one on my 5D set up like this.

Quinzhee-3.jpg

The last picture is take in much the same way as I take most of my "Bushcraft" shots.

I set the camera up on a tripod, in this case with a weatherproof cover, and leave it to take pictures at regular times with an intervalometer.

That means I can just get on with what I'm doing and then sort through all the shots taken later to see if there is anything usable.

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I have woken up many times to that view ,
when i was younger and did a lot of walking and climbing we would always spend a night or to camping beside the kingshouse .

that has to be one of the most photographed mountains in the uk if not the world !
and that has to be one of the very best shot i have seen of such a distinctive mountain , well done Gary and a great quinzee

Craig.............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE