Percolator thoughts? Good, bad, other? Which one to get?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
The idea with an aeropress is that you’re making a small amount that you can then top up or just drink as an espresso.

That’s exactly what some people do with a Moka. Make it strong, almost an espresso, and dilute to an Americano for two.

While a Moka doesn’t make espresso it does make a good strong brew.
Espresso and Ristretto should always be served with a glass of cold water anyway and that’s the thinking that I take with me when camping.

I’m beginning to wonder: are we seeing a translation problem in this thread. I haven’t seen a percolator in the UK for decades except in junk shops. Are they still about elsewhere or are we talking about something different from the glass domed bubbling pot that my grandma used?

Percolator:

Regarding the Aeropress and Moka, yes you can certainly use them to make a more traditional Americano if that is your thing. Personally, if out and about on a trip camping or otherwise outdoors, a percolator on any number of different fire or heat options is pretty simple and makes enough for several cups at one time whether just for one or for a small group.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE