my other passion, pattern welding .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Ha ha we knew there would be a wife .
Underhanded comments are cheap and easy to detract stew . Direct approach works for me , and here I am apologising for upsetting you again .... Zzz

There's lots of ways to ask a question and lots of ways to read the written word as you know your very skilled at that . Did you apply the same to my post ?

I think it's the way you write your questions that causes the confusion ?

As it is this is my first half day off in 3 weeks , I'm with my beautiful girlfriend soaking up long over due sun . Long may it last !

Il just add as I needed to edit spelling that the "industry" is not very pleasant , lots of back biting and poison comment , when its your lively hood you have more at stake than pride , professional integrity and income .
You don't view everyone as a potential customer not by a long way !
But back to the industry .
It seems there are professional and hobby makers that had something to say , why I'm not sure, I never have there work. I wouldn't even want to I just read it and think how the hell do they dare ask that much or there taking credit for very little !

Apparently in doing the same so I'm on the right track ????

On the whole iv not found the forum that nurturing . Iv had loads of things to answer on sales threads and pms before this post was ever created???

Anyway back to sunbathing .
All the best , matt

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Ha ha we knew there would be a wife .
Underhanded comments are cheap and easy to detract stew . Direct approach works for me , and here I am apologising for upsetting you again .... Zzz

There's lots of ways to ask a question and lots of ways to read the written word as you know your very skilled at that . Did you apply the same to my post ?

I tho k it's the way you write your questions that causes the confusion ?

As it is this is my first half day off in 3 weeks , I'm with my beautiful girlfriend soaking up long over due sun . Long may it last .
I think I will retire from posting here for the rest of the day and enjoy my day off .

Matt, I'm not upset but I am confused as to the aggression.

I did read your attacking post a few times over to see if I had misread it or skipped a bit but had the same ending each time - you were being aggressively rude.

I don't see how my question was confusing for you as it couldn't have been much plainer. I see no underhanded comments. On the internet they're not easy to retract as they're posted for all to see.

I hope you don't act like this all the time.

Enjoy your sunshine.

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Ok ok ok , I'm probably a 3D personality ?
It's personal to me this is my work , income , business what ever .
I don't come from this than any other perspective .
If I have offended to many folks then iwill accept a ban and my fees back !

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I for one am not suggesting any bans, all some of are are trying to do is bring this back to a more civil level. The "I'm taking my ball and going home" stance is....in my opinion the wrong approach. I'm sure many on here look forward to seeing more of your work and I also understand that your not feeling the love, but lets all just get along and get back to what this forum is about! Please! This has all become rather silly now hasn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Good grief someone needs a PR person and fast. I have been watching Fieldcrafters work with interest since he recently arrived on the scene and quickly added him to my list of people I would like to try buying from funds allowing (admittedly this is more of a fantasy list than a real one) but it looks like an Internet meltdown is in progress. Like it or not no matter how good you are and how much you think people are knocking you, you have to be the bigger man pretend it is not happening and let your work do the talking. As it stands you may be taking the wrong path. I would suggest that you have this thread deleted and never referred to again.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all im putting this down to the hot weather its got to causing all the edgy behaviour personally i find the knives matt makes very pleasing to the eye and yes they do look good value for money and he could make me a nice damascus wood lore style knife anytime ,because at the end of the day in the present economy
people are looking for value for money which by the looks of it he is trying to achieve ,yes he may have come across as the big i am but give the man a chance just my two bobs worth regards dave
ps im going to bed know to my big hi speed fan ha ha

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
I'm not hiding from this guys !!
Iv been attacked a few times on here , some by strangers to me and now I see it by folks I know of on other forums !
Iv never done a "big I am" type thing before iv allways tried to be humble !
But for me to make what I do at the prices I do I can be challenged all the time by folks with nothing better to do !
I know that 2 of those billets are standard stuff I know that and I'm fine with it !!
But the finer pattern is a good billet I know because I made it ,I know the effort that it took and iv had conformation from other smiths and collectors its been well done !
The larger patterned billet has been profiled and I already have interested buyers for it . One of them has possible 8 of my pattern welded blades to date and confirmed he wanted it before he even saw the pattern .
That's unusual for me iv never known that to happen before .
But for other makers to have a pop , when there selling pattern welded blades at £75 out of steel I would have given away or scrapped . Well it's abit much .
You don't have to like me or what I make I'm not in this to be popular or build friendships . I'm usually very private around my work .
The tools and art I make has a following else where to , like it or not I'm here in the industry to stay !!
As for pr . Ask any body that has actually met me face to face if I'm hostile , please do but I would be surprised if you get a negative answer . There is clost to 85 happy customers of the fieldcrafter knife .
But would stew and Dave bud ever buy on of my knives ? ( not Likely ) they make there own why would they ever need one ?
I don't need or want there product for the same reason . My attack was aim purely at them !

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
good for you matt and im sure some of us in the future will own some of your fine blades.
but to all blade makers out the please for the sake of all of us out there who can't sharpen a blade never mind make one don't demean yourselves by this in fighting you all bring different qualities to knife making on this forum enough said
regards dave

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
good for you matt and im sure some of us in the future will own some of your fine blades.
but to all blade makers out the please for the sake of all of us out there who can't sharpen a blade never mind make one don't demean yourselves by this in fighting you all bring different qualities to knife making on this forum enough said
regards dave

Plus one to that statement bud

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I don't anyone has objected to fieldcrafter posting pics of his work for people to admire. The sole objection (and it started as a very mild one) was to describing some of the work as 'world class'. That's a big claim for anyone to make and I suspect it irritated some people. Taking the rise and having a go back was not helpful. Ironically those same people said complementary things about fieldcrafter's work; they only objected to him calling it 'world class'.

Maybe time to move on? More photos of work required, particularly of completed knives, etc.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I don't anyone has objected to fieldcrafter posting pics of his work for people to admire. The sole objection (and it started as a very mild one) was to describing some of the work as 'world class'. That's a big claim for anyone to make and I suspect it irritated some people. Taking the rise and having a go back was not helpful. Ironically those same people said complementary things about fieldcrafter's work; they only objected to him calling it 'world class'.

Maybe time to move on? More photos of work required, particularly of completed knives, etc.

Certainly, it was an attitude rather than skills problem.

I never said anything bad about Matts skills, I just think sinking to personal attacks is rather ungentlemanly.

I'd still be interested to see more work

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE