12.5" pattern welded bowie knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
My latest Damascus or pattern welded knife!!

Made 100% by myself, a one off creation.

It’s made of 120 layers of steel, forge welded together, steels used are 15n20 nickel steel and cs60 spring steel and it’s a high carbon blade with a fantastic temper.

The pattern is ladder pattern created by manipulating the steel as shown then flattening and drawing it out.

here achieving welding temprature in the gas forge building up enough heat to flatten and draw out .

here a short clip of thepower hammer used . i cant work he hammer on hot steel and film so just a clip that shows how contolable the hammer is , its a 42kg turkish air hammer .

Overall length is 12.5” with an 8” blade.

The handle is African black wood which is very dense and heavy; guard is brass and aluminium with a single brass pin.

No sheath on this one I’m afraid.

I would like £320 for it, that include postage which will be first class recorded (you need to sign for it)

I hope you like it?

It’s the last Bowie I’m doing for a while I want to try new styles

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Mate I'm not a fan of Bowie s or Damascus but that looks ace.The wood and guard are top notch too.
Is the top of the blade sharpened? I thought that's what a Bowie was about.

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Thank you gents !!
Bowie is just a term for what is now a stylised fighting knife .
It's a style that's open to each cutlers interpretation I think .
The false edge isn't live no .
It's a show piece really .
It's only the 3rd iv ever made .
Thanks again guys :)

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Just a note , I will be at the midland game fair this weekend ( sunday only ) with a selection of knives for sale !

Pm Me for a phone number to find me or wander down to the falconry village and look for the hand made net making competition if I'm not there there will be a knife as a prize and a big stack of business cards for you to contact me !!
All the best , matt

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
It was nice to meet some of you yesterday at the midland , good to shake hands and thank you to anybody that made a perchase !
The Damascus nie comes with a sheath for the asking price of £300 delivered as a nice round figure !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE