macgyverisms

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
lol ray, I can so see macgyver doing something like that, especially the choice of items reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v9sCo7xZK0&feature=related

GREAT CARE will be needed to see if the car needs to be in forward gear or reverse at this point. The 'record' needs to be played forwards or it will transmit evil messages (if played backwards).

only one word describes that EPIC!

kinda missing the point of the question though eh. its supposed to be a bit of fun, not who can be pedantic enough to win!!
yes it's meant as fun, but that doesn't mean we can't try and out do one another lol

Okay, Macgyering it up then, I'd take my spare wheel hub and part of the exhaust to make a 'scrapyard forge'. I'd unleash some righteous fury against my car for breaking down, and strip it to just the chassis, then using my forge I'd bodge together a pulse jet engine and be back home in time for tea.
Because I could do all those things...

lol I could so see myself doing that, well except for the jet engine part though they are technically simple to make there wouldn't be enough of the car left by the time I'd finish destroying it lol

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
crwydryny

OMG, you have set my mind on a funny tangent now! (but I'm not sure why) :)

Just imagine a programme where Ray Mears and Bear Grylls meet up with Macgyver and Gilligan.

Ray and bear would be struggling up the side of some mountain (with Bear making it much more difficult than it needed to be), and they would be collecting birch bark for fire lighting, and digging up roots to eat.

When they get to the top of the mountain, Macgyver and Gilligan would be sat on chairs at a wooden table, eating steak and veg with proper cutlery. There would probably then have to be an earth quake or something, which would send bear running for cover, while Macgyver and Gilligan would just carry on eating.
It would of course have to end with Ray, Gilligan and Magyver sharing one of Rays finest malt whiskies.....As they appear to be part of his survival kit lol.

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
I'll say one thing guys, I'm never lending any of you my car. It'll never come back in one piece!

Though if you return it with a pulse jet fitted, I'll forgiver you.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
:D I thank you!
It means that my van is slow and heavy on the fuel...but that I also have everything I need with me if I party harder than I intended or (more likely) break down anywhere.
It also means that if I am away testing gear for my magazine columns and an item fails the test - I have a replacement to hand so that I can carry on with the trip with little inconvenience!
I am also seen as a bit of a "Survivalist" - but I blame years of writing for SWAT, SAOT etc for this! :)

What if you get your van stuck in the mud? ;) We could just sing, seemed to do the trick last time!

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
I would choose 'a ball of string', '5 paperclips' and 'a bar of chocloate(50g)'
I would use the paperclips to escape from the locked car before it explodes into flames. I would throw the ball of string to the cat that has been sitting staring at me locked in an about to explode car in exchange for a pointer in the direction of the nearest road thats got a bus route. Finally the bar of chocolate is to bribe the bus driver to give me a lift to the nearest town. I wish we could have four items as I would really like the marble as I could fashion a slingshot from the rubber trim on the car and fire the marble at the cat after its provided its use because its looking at me like I'm dumb.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE