list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
only a week untill christmas, so what are you lot doing this crimbo and whats on your christmas list
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Leon, the second watch strap is now on its' way to you! Phew, sorry it took so long, as my wife will tell you I get so sidetracked and will forget most things! I haven't forgot our anniversary or her birthday yet though, but I reckon it will happen one day!

I wrote a quick note aswell, I think my pen was running out of ink but it makes sense. There is a quick explanation of how to put the strap on but I think you will figure it out easily, it's a bit of a no brainer!! It's not brand new but it is in A1 condition, no fraying at all and you'll love it!

Give me a shout when it gets to you please!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
with a bit of my christmas money i am going to buy a bivi bag what one do you reccomend ?
leon

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Brit army goretex - but if you are in a hammock you wont really need one. Only really worth it if you're going to be on the ground/under the stars a lot.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im going to be doing a bit of both
would you say the british army is better than the dutch one
leon

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Dunno I just have the british army one and I get on with it alright - if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will probs be getting either the british or the dutch one, im hopping for a few more opinions so i can make my mind up
leon

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Remember not to get caught up in the kit hype and buy something just for the sake of it or because someone else tells you it is "essential bushcraft kit" when really you could do quite comfortably without it.

From experience it's usually much better to save your money until something comes along that you really can't do without rather than spending it on a bunch of little things that you don't really need

Reactions: British Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i could sleep out with just a warm coat, my trangia and some food and water if i wanted to but i would like to try out as much sleeping setups as i can
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its good advice though Leon. I think your idea of doing a course with your saved money is a good one. Fenlander you know and Wayne (Forest Knights) spring to mind. I know you can hammock etc. on Waynes land. I might even join you if you go there and time permits :D

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
that would be good, wayne said that he would give me a discount. would be great to meet you
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
"well the old one has a few nicks and dings in it..........the newer model is in good condition but nor fully run in....tell you what mate, I know a guy who collects the old one....I'll do you a special price......if I run some T-cut over it you'll never see that scratch........I can do more if its for a trade in!"

Sorry - I'll get me coat ;)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have a question
when you lookat your own rep through the usercp most of mine are green but a few of them are blue, i thought that it ment that rep was negative or neutral or something like that but they all have good comments im confused ??????
ps is there anyway you can see all of the rep you have
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Can't help you there mate - I've had grey and green ones in the past - don't really understand how it all works - its great when someone leaves nice comments though

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yes but I don't seem to be able to cash em in for a new axe sadly - I rather hoped they were like green shield stamps (which you probably won't remember - ask you gran :D)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
the other day i got a fire going with a firesteel using wet wood, but i have to admit after i had lit the tinder with my firesteel i added newspaper to it to help get the fire going lol
i think im getting better though
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE