list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i would like to make something again as it gives me something to do in the evening i have some leather and a few leather working bits, a fair few tools in the garage and some wood
what could i do ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
how do i make one of these ?
i would also like to make a simple tea light lantern how could i make one of these ?
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
TRy using the search facility or google mate. They are made out of one or two pop cans and work like a trangia burner. I remember theres a site call zenstoves with good intstructions ;)

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you cut one side off of a can, leaving the bottom and top intact and a lip around the side, you can put a candle inside and it will reflect light out towards the opening. It wouldn't be too difficult, but be careful of the sharp edges. It would also be a disposable item, as it isn't too strong and it will get hot aswell, so watch your fingers!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
for my birthday i would like to purchuse a camera, i dont want to spend that much on one, a max of about £150, what is the best camera for my money
i would like to use it to take pictures of the river, landscape, wildlife ect
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You want one with a good zoom lense - at least 5x. Look for at least 4Million Pixels and at least 5x OPTICAL zoom (digital zoom is pointless). I use a Kodak Z740 which you can get for under £200 and has 10x zoom, uses ordinary AA batts and has £5 million pixels

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks i will have a look at that one
could you tell me a bit more about that camera and general photography
thanks leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
leon-b said:
thanks maybe i will try that one late, what would you use to cut the metal ?
leon

A pair of tin snips or a sturdy pair of scissor that you don't mind getting blunted a bit! Use an old pair, they should do the job. If you make a small hole in the middle of the can and cut slits outwards like a spider web, you can then fold these bits back and you'll make a safe edge as opposed to a sharp edge.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
what size memory card have you got in yours, i understand that it can record videos aswell, how good are these ?
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE