knifeless?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
so sum terrible event has lead to the end of civilisation.

you have escaped the city and have survived the zombies etc etc etc

but - while out foraging- you are beaten and robbed - the only knife you managed to take with you. (the axe/saw/ SAK - were also taken)
They did however leave you with a fire-steel and your pack with your shelter and sleeping equipment is a mile's hike from where you wake up. (you know where you are)
You were careless and did not leave a spare cutting tool in your pack. :nono:

what would you do until you could either find a replacement or find a (now invaluable) smith to make you one?

Andy
ps (I'm not bored honest :p)

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I thought knapping would be the way to go - but lets assume we are not in a flint or chert rich area.

I'd probably be able to have a go at a bit of glass but I doubt it would be much good. lol.

No imminent danger, getting back to camp for a pine needle brew is an option.

Dave - what are you going to forge a new one with? - you've been pretty mobile to source food, you can't carry around anything like the tools needed.

Andy

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
nip back to the city at sundown and have a rummage thru a kitchen supplies shop,...

i would always try and return to my home (or someone elses) to pick up supplies,...

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
You pass a car boot sale on the way back to camp and spot a Mora on a table, lucky enough you had on yer a wedding ring that belonged to yer ex...ta daaaa!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
mate in birmingham, no matter where you turn, there will be a knife some where lol.
i would find a peice of glass and lash that to a stick, or an old can, and lash that to a stick.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Track the thieves until they doss down for the night.
Sneak into their storage area while they sleep and liberate all I need/want/can carry including the sharps they had off me.
Steal their boots and leg it (carefully "anti-tracking" as I go).
Dump their boots (unless some fit me) where they will never be found.
Go home and have a brew.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I would do that too - but my wife says I am witless at the best of times - so I guess that is a non-starter for me!
I will just have to rely on my finely honed bushcrafting skills, stealth of a cat and stunning good looks to get by!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Find someone smaller/weaker/frail and mug them. All the cans in my Fortnum & Mason Luxury TEOTWAWKI hamper are ring pull so I could go on cold rations for a day or so or just survive on the Foie Gras and bread sticks so no urgent need for a knife.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
All the cans in my Fortnum & Mason Luxury TEOTWAWKI hamper are ring pull so I could go on cold rations for a day or so or just survive on the Foie Gras and bread sticks so no urgent need for a knife.

I have one of those....

DSC09836.jpg

But what do I keep in mine.......

Drinky poos, some spare Deval Bushcrafters, and something to get my nicked one back with. I'm alright Jack!

DSC09837.jpg

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
They would have to be big buggers to take all my knives and axe from me .
So i would just search the dead bodies for another knife!

Craig.............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE