knifeless?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
If someone had got my knife out of my hand, there wouldn't be much I could do as it would have been my cold dead hand they got it from.

Having been mugged in the past several times, I don't rate there chances. Put 2 of the 5 in hospital last time, they picked on the wrong pizza delivery guy. 20 years of martial arts and a bit of street smarts gives you a bit of an edge.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I got mugged in Canning town in london once , I broke the first guys jaw and the other one ran away i still have his knife .

I didn't even drop my chips .

20 years as a joiner and 10 of them as a doorman at the weekends !

Craig....................

S

SteveD

Track the thieves until they doss down for the night.
Sneak into their storage area while they sleep and liberate all I need/want/can carry including the sharps they had off me.
Steal their boots and leg it (carefully "anti-tracking" as I go).
Dump their boots (unless some fit me) where they will never be found.
Go home and have a brew.

Tie the boot laces together and throw them over nearest telegraph / phone line seems to be the usual thing to do with trainers. They will never get them back then.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Fortunately I've prepared for exactly this situation by watching the Docudrama that is 'The Hunted'... In this every day tale of former 'black' operative Benicio Del Toro being tracked by his former 'master' Tommy Lee Jones. Benicio in a moment not dissimilar to a Ray Mears episode Finds some scrap steel and following some quick work with a home built forge knocks up a reasonably good 'home made' copy of the Tom Brown Tracker Knife...

This then would be my plan...

knapping would be the way IMHO, if not good knapping stone is avalable I could use glass or ceramic (from a toilette for example) till i can get some steel made knife.
in fact in that case the use of stone tools would be very important, 'cos that way you can keep your knife for when is really needed.
about "The Hunted" i like the tracker alike much more than the original :), but hey, i like almost any knife better than the tracker :p

Esteban

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
You are never too far from a glass bottle, so I would start with that. Then go looking for some steel, the go a hunting....

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I’d walk back to my cave, wake up my mate Paul from suspended animation, and my wife and ex-Russian kgb agent ex-girlfriend, get out a new stock of Detonics, and IA stings fire up the fat boy, and hunt them down like the dogs they are

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
when ever i'm out, i allways have the dogs with me, my bullmastiff rottie mix, my American bullterrior and my bullterrior between the 4 of us, i think we would be keeping our tools, and gaining a few, of the little toerags, who plucked up the courage to have a go, i watch my dogs hanging of there tyre all the time, and it sends shudders down my spine, i would not want them three hanging of me, i can tell you, it would not be a pretty sight.
and my god my American bullterrior can run.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I would whip out my cell phone and order one. Have it FedExed overnight. Along with 50 lbs of summer sausage from Hickory Farms. :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Although i would add a little something.
fmhamper.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I’d walk back to my cave, wake up my mate Paul from suspended animation, and my wife and ex-Russian kgb agent ex-girlfriend, get out a new stock of Detonics, and IA stings fire up the fat boy, and hunt them down like the dogs they are

Ah , Jerry Ahern , you forgot to don your Mirrored Aviators and torch up another cigarillo to clamp down on and grimace alot...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE