Kit on your keyring

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jon Mawer

Forager
May 2, 2006
Taunton, Somerset
Just been looking at my keyring and thought about what I carry on it. I have a maglite solitaire and a p-38 tin opener on one of my keyrings (I would have a small sak as well, but I've managed to mislay both of them in my room!), and I want to get a squirt p4 for it as well. My sak is almost a key in its own right, it is so good at opening things, the model is a climber and I have an led light and a water proof capsule with some matches in it. They arent that exciting, and others must have better tools on theirs. So, what do you have on your keys? Or as an emergency bundle?

bogflogger

Nomad
Nov 22, 2005
london
Mine have a Leatherman Squirt P4 (a really useful little tool) a Victorinox Signature 2, A pair of "Uncle Sam's" Tweezers, A 5mm Firesteel (in shrink tube cover) and a British Blades Photon 2 Freedom LED light. :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Sound like I am going off subject here, but I am not, bear with me.......
I was once out in my suzuki sj 410 off roading, miles from home and I was starting to come back as it was dark. Anyway, all of a sudden, the engine cut out and the lights went out, I thought, no problem its a fuse, but I could not find the fuse box and it was dark. I felt under here and there and under the bonnet, but I could not find the fuse box. I remembered that there was a pub about a mile or so away, so I started walking to it, to get a box of matches so I could use them to find the fuse box. I got to the pub and explained my predicament and they gave me some matches and a candle too, which was good of them. I got back to the car and started looking for the fuse box again. I looked in a few places and then I looked under where the foot pedals are and that is when I spotted it. I also spotted something else at the same time, hanging from my keys was my mini maglight...............DOH....................Jon
bushcraftersfire6if.gif

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Nowadays I just carry one of those small Swiss army knives on my keyring. I got to thinking that loosing my keys would be so much hastle that I don't want to make them a target for thieves.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
on my key ring i have
a small victorinox penknife the size of my little finger(scissors, blade, file, tooth pick,tweezers)
a £1 LED mini light
a 1 meter green bootlace woven so it's 20cm long
and a non climbing carabina

i should point out that i am one for loosing gear too, my way of getting round that problem is to physically attatch my keys to whatever i'm wearing with the carabina.

so when i get dressed or undressed i know my keys are attatched to the trousers i took off last!

same goes for my mobile, it has a cord with a clip!

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
mine keychain is HUGE and has 2 seperate parts, joined with a linkage.

One has the keys and a P38 and the other a Leatherman Micra, 512MB USB stick, Small Ledlight, small Ferrosium rod (BCB), Beta light (glowring) and a whistle.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
:rolleyes:
2 keys and a small plastic card with a barcode, by a well known dutch outdoor supplier, when in case I loose my keys and someone finds them, they only have to post (no charge) them to that supplier and they forward them to me ... Well that's the idea ... ;)

I don't like all that stuff on my key ring ... I normally put the things you guys hang on your keyring in my pockets (jacket).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE