What’s on your keyring (and do you use it?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I have a bundle of key ring stuff that I don’t use because I never remember I’ve got it. It lives in a drawer these days.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I do.
Mine is sort of my EDC.

It has,
My door key.
A tiny wee torch.
A pair of sliver nippers.
The smallest spyderco.
A capsule with anti-histamines.
The smallest SAK.
A pair of True Utility scissors.
A trolley key.
A peanut lighter.
A capsule with a £20 emergency stash.
A compass.
A Tick Key (thanks Mesquite :) )
An extending pen.
A whistle.
A capsule with interdental brushes.
A capsule with a mini hussif....threaded needles and a safety pin)
Two Alpkit mini carabiners.

Total weight 226g

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Glad you put the weight in there Toddy, I was beginning to think Marley’s ghost! :)

Edited to add:
How do you get on with the TU scissors? They seemed like a good idea when I got them but - well I’ve not found them useful.

Reactions: Toddy

benvosper

Oct 13, 2022
London
I've got a Spyderco Bug (30mm slipjoint) and a tiny sealed capsule style lighter, occasionally useful but mostly good conversation pieces!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Glad you put the weight in there Toddy, I was beginning to think Marley’s ghost! :)

Edited to add:
How do you get on with the TU scissors? They seemed like a good idea when I got them but - well I’ve not found them useful.

Hmmm. Aye. I must admit that if I had to take something off, they'd probably be first choice. I did take off a pair of TU nail clippers/file. I did use it and it was handy, but the wee scissors in the tiny SAK work for that just fine.

Reactions: Pattree

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Like Toddy, my keyring is my edc.
I used to have a small beanie type beagle dog on it too, and it worked well as an easy grab for it, but my friends dog decided it was something to chew when we were out of the room, and she killed my poor puppy!, a constant companion for 20 years.:aarghh:
I also keep two soft shackles on mine. The rest is similar to Toddy's, except that I have the minni opinel, instead of a sak.
It weighs a bit, and is very useful innocuous self defence tool if needed.

Last edited:

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
A tiny little Sofirn light, about half the size of my little finger, very, very bright, two levels and made from stainless steel- have had other makes, anodised aluminium but they get so scuffed. This still looks new after nearly a year. I do like Sofirn, I have about 8 or 9 of their torches and lanterns, maybe more.
Next is my house keys and, in my pocket, hanging from a lanyard attached to my belt fob is my trusty 1952 British Army Burma pattern penknife with a Sheepsfoot blade, wicked looking can opener and a marlin spike, used to hang my other which didn’t have the marlin spike, then I managed to acquire this one which I now use because they’re so handy for lots of things beside unfastening knots etc.

Last edited:

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
My keyring got stripped right back during The Plague so I had less to sanitise - even Lego Batman was sent back to the Bat Cave - and it's never been reinstated, so just house keys (2) and garage. No vehicle to have a key for. Caught me out the other day when I forgot the workshop key wasn't on it any more, so probably ought to put that one back on. This might inspire me to rebuild actually, so will be interested to see what folks find useful.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
What about those key ring multi-tools you see everywhere? I’m sure that I had a barracuda one somewhere but it’s not on my desk drawer-key ring.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Had a Micra on mine, but its been temporarily replaced with the tiny SAK. The Boruit copy torch has replaced a tiny Rovyvon torch that needs a charge but I can’t find a micro USB cable anywhere since we moved and I’m not buying any more leads.

The window breaker and seatbelt cutter hasn’t been used, thank goodness, and is on there because a friend of my step daughter had a car accident and ended up trapped underwater where she died. Saddest thing, just one of those people everyone loved.

Perhaps the most useful thing, I’ve taken it off for the pic, is a dogtag with my name and phone number embossed. I’d advise anyone to have one on their keys.

IMG_3381.jpeg

Like most EDCers, I have/had a drawer full of keyring carry, Countycomm widgy bars, Maratac bits, capsules, peanut lighters etc. Much of it has been given away, it was getting daft when I could hardly get my keyring in a pocket.

• Haha

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I have have a car key and house key on mine plus a small leather strap that's been on my key ring about 25 years. I tend to keep it minimalistic as I hate bulky keys in my pocket and I've replaced quite a few worn out ignition barrels for people who keep a lot of stuff on their key rings.

Reactions: Tengu and Toddy

stonepark

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2013
Carse of Gowrie
Right pocket on key ring no 1 - car key with tritium fob, USB 100lm torch, spare acme dog whistle and mini Manager SAK.

Left pocket on key ring now - house and garage keys (6), trolley token bypass key.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
A £20 note in one of those little capsules and a small carabiner to hang my keys off a belt loop.

As long as I go out the house wearing trousers I know where my keys are.

So far so good...

One of the reasons for not putting my keys in a pocket is that I have stuff in there I don't want getting scratched to hell.

Reactions: Ozmundo and Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE