Sentimental EDC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I carry very little that could be classified as EDC (that is 'every day'). I always have a SAK (Farmer Alox X about town, Swiss Champ in the woods) but the one thing I always have in my pocket and fret if it's not there is this, it's called a luck stone, it's about 30mm long and 7mm thick, and I've carried it for 30 years:

Luck stone.jpg

So, do any of you carry sentimental, impractical, things like lucky charms or 'trolls' on key rings :) ?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I carry very little that could be classified as EDC (that is 'every day'). I always have a SAK (Farmer Alox X about town, Swiss Champ in the woods) but the one thing I always have in my pocket and fret if it's not there is this, it's called a luck stone, it's about 30mm long and 7mm thick, and I've carried it for 30 years:

View attachment 85179

So, do any of you carry sentimental, impractical, things like lucky charms or 'trolls' on key rings :) ?

Mark me interested - so is the stone itself 'Lucky' ?? ( +3 random stone of luck ) or was it a lucky event that happened as the same time you found it???

Can you provide examples of how its lucky?

And of course.. where did you get it ?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Ah, apparently, Luck Stones aren't lucky, otherwise I'd be a millionaire :); they ward off bad luck, demonstrated by the fact I'm still alive despite the daft things I get up to! You can see why I'm reluctant to part with it.

But, it's worse than that. They accumulate the bad luck and, if the stone is given or taken, the new owner receives all the bad luck I've avoided. As for examples, I have no idea what bad luck I've not had :)

You can't buy or be given a luck stone, you can't find one, they find you :)

Of course, a load of rubbish, do you want it? :)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Mark me interested - so is the stone itself 'Lucky' ?? ( +3 random stone of luck ) or was it a lucky event that happened as the same time you found it???

Can you provide examples of how its lucky?

And of course.. where did you get it ?
Which bit of “Sentimental EDC” was unclear? :rofl:

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I'm peeved about a few things I've lost over the years and the reasoning can only be described as sentimental. One was my very first pen knife which somehow ended up in my parents' Rayburn. Not that I'd ever really use it now but it would be nice to have.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I’ve a Farthing (1900 ) that I found in my Grandfathers old wardrobe when cleaning the house.

Reactions: TeeDee

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Copper bracelet, have worn one for more years than i care to remember, not sure if it works or not, but it can't hurt and i don't feel dressed without it.

Reactions: CLEM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE