What’s on your keyring (and do you use it?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
That's it. It annoys the hell out of me having things jingling about while I'm driving! . Having a lump of mini tools (no matter how useful or effective) digging into my leg when that lump is in my pocket would equally do my head in....
e5a24e43bc14866106ed50ac3f867de3.jpg

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
…… and what about charms and talismans? None of the pictures above show them.

( talismen? talispeople?)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have a bottle opener on the keyring with my housekeys (not my vankeys though, that sends the wrong message) thats been there for about 30 years.
Apart from the obvious usage, it's also good for opening paint tins but it opens a lot more bottles than tins.
i don't think Ive ever actually had Jennings Nutbrown though.
20231117-131540.jpg

As a side note I never post photos of my keys as its really not rocket science to get the key bitting codes from photos.

Reactions: R_Fonseca

Ascobis

Forager
Nov 3, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
"if you're not always prepared, you're never prepared."
the only necessary urban edc survival kit is a credit card and a smile. (And a smartphone that you buy with your credit card.)
But that's no fun, is it?
Fee image hosting is too much to find on a Friday evening. Words only:
Ti peanut lighter, key screwdrivers*, sweet lil Boker clasp knife*, Ti oval 'binerish thing*, Niteyze DooHicKey, Ti belt hanger*, house key, car key.

*All Ti gear from an outfit called countycomm.com.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
That's it. It annoys the hell out of me having things jingling about while I'm driving! . Having a lump of mini tools (no matter how useful or effective) digging into my leg when that lump is in my pocket would equally do my head in....
Car key and house key on mine. When I drive the OH‘s car I use the spare because she has all sorts of rubbish on her car key dangling about and making a racket.

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
i never leave home without my keys. aside from various keys i have a blue tritium fob a SAK Manager and a Lumintop edc01 torch.
everything gets used regularly.
ive been carrying the SAK daily since 2012 and everything still functions perfectly except for the small spring that helps the scissors blades to open.
a testament to just how well Victorinox tools are made

James Popham

Dec 25, 2003
Central Croatia
Bottle opener (small), keys on a mini niteize carabiner, car fob (keyless), photon microlight 2, glow bead and pocket clip hanger thingy to stop it all falling to the bottom - and sometimes I add a mini Böker knife with countycomm gitd scales

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I always regard Keyrings as a symbol of authority. A Chatelaine, if you like.

The trick is to get it down to as little as possible.

When I was in Cornwall it was a car key and a static key.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
…… and what about charms and talismans? None of the pictures above show them.

( talismen? talispeople?)
Not really charms or talisman but I have a hammered steel Birch leaf by Nic Westerman and an antler shard that accompanied my shaving brush made by the incredibly talented Steve Ellis on my keys.

Reactions: Toddy and Pattree

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
I don’t have room for additional junk on my key ring. With nine external doors as well as a multitude of sheds and gates all I have room for are keys.

• Wow
Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

The only thing on my car key is the car key.
I couldn't be bothered with a bundle of stuff hanging beside the steering wheel either.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Have a key wallet rather than a ring. Keeps them all flat. Also has a zipper pouch for coins. Did used to keep an old cast bottle opener in there too, but since carry a SAK eventually removed it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE