kayaking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
just had my first div 4 race today and did rather well.
only been on the water 3 times before and not realy performed well tbh. but today i smashed the slalom. came 5th i think. and although i was the most inexperienced paddler i did rather well.enjoyed a fantastic day and could get enough of it. even when thay had finished i erm... excused my self and went and played surf the rapids!!! bearing in mind i couldnt ferry at ALL on thursday at our pre race practise. thank god for you tube haha, learnt a few tricks and today i was a naturel,

scotty

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I tried slalom once. Years ago when thre were 5 divisions and the premier one. I raced on the saturday and came 4th. I then got very drunk on the saturday night. After a bacon and fried egg butty from the bacon butty van I was able to do the second day or racing while trying not to throw up. Still since I had come 4th I had been promoted into the 4th division (3rd now I guess). Anyway I came last of 9 people. Not surprisingly really as some of them could paddle and I hadn't done any slalom before. Never went back to it as it interfered with my river stuff. More fun on rivers what with rapids and waterfalls to fall off. Anyway I checked the end of year results and with one weekend of paddling I had managed to go from nowhere to the top quarter of the second division up. In fact if I was able to come last on another race I reckon I'd have gone up two divisions. Don't know how that worked but. I managed to totally p off this guy who had been slaloming for two years and never got promoted. I beat him by one place which was the last automnatic promotion place. Took hin another 6 months to go up. Then they knocked out the 5th division a year or so later and he was back in the bottom division. How funny?!!

Good on yer for going out in slalom. It used to be more popular but I guess it is coming back again??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE