Chilly bimble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Went on a bimble with me old muckers Hugo & Rockmonkey today, the day dawned clear and cool, ok it was a bit chilly, but a glorious day it was at any rate.

We decided earlier in the week that we would go for a proper bimble to keep warm rather than bimble and stay at a spot as we normally do, in total we covered about 6 miles, so not a long bimble, just an enjoyable one with loads of laughs and mickey taking - just the way it should be.

Few pics

Heading out towards the hills and woods

DSCN0756.jpg

DSCN0757.jpg

DSCN0759.jpg

Our objective on the hill top in the distance

DSCN0758.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

still a way to go yet though

DSCN0761.jpg

up past the house

DSCN0763.jpg

DSCN0764.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

Spindle

DSCN0767.jpg

H & RM approaching the farm

DSCN0768.jpg

Looks like a good spot for a brew - so we did

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

DSCN0771.jpg

Onwards and upwards after a fresh brew

DSCN0772.jpg

DSCN0773.jpg

DSCN0774.jpg

we were down there about 30 minutes previous

DSCN0775.jpg

looking down hill

DSCN0776.jpg

and up hill

DSCN0777.jpg

got to the top and decided to follow an old Drovers trail, now used as a high speed race way by Mountain Bikers with no regard for any other users of the FOOTpath

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

Lovely bit of winter colour, how many species can you ID from this photo?

DSCN0787.jpg

Ramp made by the Mountain bikers, the photo doesnt do the thing justice, it's about 4ft high at a guess and a sheer drop onto ground that slopes away and it has totally restricted the footpath for other users who now have to climb around it

DSCN0790.jpg

but they are not content with making ramps and jumps, they also leave monstrosities like this, full of wire and broken glass, i have forwarded copies of these photo's along with grid refs to the Estate office so they can take the appropriate action, ie get up there in a tractor & trailer and remove the camp and repair the path so ALL users can enjoy the woods.

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0792.jpg

DSCN0795.jpg

Back on the trail now and a rather good smashed Ash

DSCN0798.jpg

on the return leg now and heading towards a brew stop

DSCN0802.jpg

DSCN0804.jpg

RM on "one he prepared earlier", this one in fact fell last week when we were in these very woods in the storm force winds that buffeted the UK

DSCN0806.jpg

At the old barn now

DSCN0808.jpg

and, yup, time for another brew

DSCN0815.jpg

lovely old Ash

DSCN0816.jpg

quite a few Teasels around here as well

DSCN0820.jpg

and some funny little Teasel Hedgehogs:rolleyes:

DSCN0823.jpg

time to head back towards the cars again

DSCN0825.jpg

another superb day out with loads of laughs, have to thank Hugo for bringing the Blueberry muffins along too, they were sublime, roll on next week.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, why are you carrying so much stuff, I see even a bed roll on one of the backpacks why drag all that with you if you're not sleeping there?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, why are you carrying so much stuff, I see even a bed roll on one of the backpacks why drag all that with you if you're not sleeping there?

Thats not a bed roll, it's a mat to sit on because everything is soaking wet, the bags have our water proofs and spare winter clothing in which is of course bulky, but weighs nothing

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Real shame the MTBers ruined it for themselves, some folks just like pushing their luck i guess.
I do have to hold my hand up and admit to riding on the footpath, when i do it's at a reasonable speed and knowing full well i'm on a footpath i ALWAYS stop, pull over and give way to hikers.

So it's more annoying to us MTBers to see knobs like that ruiin it for everyone.

Great pics and write up though mate.

What are you using to make the brew?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Touch of Goose Green about that last piccie! :)

'Twas a wonderful day today, was out with the dogs. Must take a brew kit with me next time

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers chaps, was good just being out there today, gotta do some work tomorrow though, still, at least i will be outside again:)

@cbr6fs - always the same though isnt it, a few morons making it bad for everyonehttp://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/member.php?u=24356 else, unfortunatley everyone gets tarred with the same brush through the idiocy of the minority.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the good company yesterday Kepis mate and you Rockmonkey, a grand time was had by Hugo.
As for taking too much stuff, it didn't weigh much and if the weather changed I know I can put on some warmer and wet weather clothing, and that is a grand home made sit mate, and there was plenty of food and water for making brews, also a big box of muffins that were right tasty. :)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Great pic's Kep!
Perfect day it was!
Gonna miss these weekly bimbles when i'm not here any more!!:(, Think of me when the **** taking starts won't you!
@cbr6fs- I use a 10cm modified Zebra for making brews with!

RM

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Looks like a nice walk out mate. :)

That trees come down and you ain't had what you want off it yet?.......tut tut dear boy, one must make the most of such opportunities :D

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks like a nice walk out mate. :)

That trees come down and you ain't had what you want off it yet?.......tut tut dear boy, one must make the most of such opportunities :D

Cheers mate, still working on an Ash that fell a while back, the Beech isnt going anywhere:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE