Is your waterbottle EDC?

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I'd like your opinion on this. Do you always carry your waterbottle and canteen, even on shorter walks? I myself leave it at home on shorter walks, because I find the waterbottle a bit uncomfortable.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I take one if I'm going camping or walking for a good part of the day but not when I'm just walking the dog for an hour or two.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
in urban settings, hip flask of water which can get odd looks , outdoors bimbles, i have at least a 32 year old bright yellow fisher price water bottle, from the fisher price travel set i got when I was 5, it fits nicely in a poundshop dpm belt pouch and is about 300ml

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Always, but it is a little one, only a third of a liter, I'm often out and about with the kids so it is nice to have water on hand when they ask and there is no shortage of drinking water fountains or taps for refills.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Always, but it is a little one, only a third of a liter, I'm often out and about with the kids so it is nice to have water on hand when they ask and there is no shortage of drinking water fountains or taps for refills.

You can drink from fountains in Hongarije? If you do that here you become luminous;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
In the summer I prefer a half bottle of wine to go with the nibbles I tend to take also on country walks. I used to take a litre of water into work (tap water from home in clean fuel bottle) but would never think of carrying one on a normal day out in town.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
I work in the outdoors so I generally have a 1.5l sigg bottle about me somewhere especially in the summer, as I spend a lot of time up trees chucking kids off a small platform its attached by a karabiner to my harness gear loop or to the tree itself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
On short walks the usa pilots flask fits nicely in a coat pocket or thigh pocket of trousers.
Usually use some type of diluting squash.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I always carry a small backpack for walking, even short half day stuff. I'll also take a brew kit, water and a stove of some description.

A walk in the woods just isn't the same without a brew at some point.

I use either a 1L Nalgene copy or a Source 1L Liquitainer

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I always carry a small backpack for walking, even short half day stuff. I'll also take a brew kit, water and a stove of some description.

You Englishmen with your brews, brews! I never really drink anyting else than water when I'm out.
Brewcraft that's what it is.:)

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
You Englishmen with your brews, brews! I never really drink anyting else than water when I'm out.
Brewcraft that's what it is.:)
Tea as a trade resource came from China and India, Coffee was rather popular with Glasgow first coffee house openng in 1673. At one point 1/4 of the globe had brew breaks.
Nalgene bottle or sigg get carried on walkabout, depending which one is not in my work bag. The small 250ml irn bru bottle is handy for the jacket when in town though.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos

a walk without stopping to brew up? that way lies madness.

yeah brew kit and the GOAT bag are always close by. it's come in handy at work when there's been no water and or no power.

but yeah urban dog walks don't count.

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE