Your favourite EDC item?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster

You're favourite EDC item?​

My Apostrophe Protection Society membership badge :rolleyes2:
Can you get one for “sitting”? The number of times I hear people say “I was sat”, even from BBC news presenters, most of whom have, presumably, done English grammar at some stage of their education. Maybe one for the abolition of “text speak” as well!

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
I presume you mean you don't like change or evolution of word meaning in your lifetime as etymology itself is ongoing and continuous :); but you youngsters are definitely to blame :)
I did wonder if there was a degree of sarcasm in “those darn kids”, should have done an age check!

:smuggrin:
On the subject of change, I read a rather interesting kindle book that, to me, at least, was somewhat of an eye-opener. ”London and Londoner’s in the 1850s and 1860s” by Alfred Rosling Bennett, written in 1924. It really illustrates just how fickle people are, and always have been, and how fashions change. What was the in thing now, soon becomes “fuddy duddy”.

Last edited:

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I did wonder if there was a degree of sarcasm in “those darn kids”, should have done an age check!

:smuggrin:
On the subject of change, I read a rather interesting kindle book that, to me, at least, was somewhat of an eye-opener. ”London and Londoner’s in the 1850s and 1860s” by Alfred Rosling Bennett, written in 1924. It really illustrates just how fickle people are, and always have been, and how fashions change. What was the in thing now, soon becomes “fuddy duddy”.

More self deprecating sarcasm really, because I really do find myself bemused by the things teenagers are into nowadays!

Reactions: matarius777

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
We all Carry our identity Every Day.
(My own generation used to “dig” a lot in their Day but I don’t always dig my grandchildren. )

The world does not belong to my generation. Young smiths are reshaping it.

EDC a game console - why not?.
Regret the disappearance of mental arithmetic and standard English? Why should I? Two generations beyond me are running the world despite being led by geriatric politicians of my age.

EDCarry the world forward young’uns. Ask all the advice you want but ignore our commands and instructions - they are History.

You're favourite EDC item?​

My Apostrophe Protection Society membership badge :rolleyes2:

While I use the apostrophe carefully, I wonder how many of us routinely use it before ‘bus, ‘plane and ‘factory? Every Day we are Carried forward by time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE