Your favourite EDC item?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
What's your single favourite EDC item? I often carry my Green SAK that Ben gave me at the last WinterMoot, other things find themselves in my pockets but there's not a lot of stuff that I always have on me other than a penknife because it's just so useful :naughty:

IMG_6427.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

How about you?

Reactions: Muddypaws and CLEM

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, I hadn't considered phones as EDC, but you're right. I'm endeavouring to leave my phone more and not worry if I don't have it with me, but it mostly is, so yes, that's an EDC for me too.

Reactions: The Frightful

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sak and a good bright led torch. After that it's meds and some cash. You never know when a card machine or atm is out of order.
I rarely go out of town, where everything is in walking distance, but when I do, I have a space blanket, cheap plastic poncho , water bottle and brew kit, even if I'm only going 20 miles to the next town. I've been stranded for hours more than once when buses, ( which are my primary transport ) have broken down, or not turned up.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
At the moment for me (excluding my phone which is a constant companion and life line) it has to be my Kangaroo pouch

53470186240_4ef5d35917_c.jpg

As i walk with crutches carrying anything is almost impossible, but this repurposed dump pouch allows me to carry my cup of tea/coffee in my flask cup, carry my post and move small things around (medications etc), it also houses a small BCUK keyring light and a larger AA torch (just in case), and when i move between rooms, my phone fits in the front pocket.

My current favourite edc tool is without doubt my Victorinox Hiker

52878158300_c5ff3309d0_z.jpg

Last edited:

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
May I be indelicate? I do not intend to offend.

My EDC if I can call it that, is of course, phone, wallet Inc bank cards, licenses and some advice cards. This is attached to my car keys. I am bearded and we who do not mutilate our faces daily tend to be fastidious about the whiskers so I carry a hairbrush and comb.

I’m off topic in that the item that I would feel most nervous about not carrying is not my “favourite”.

As have we all, I’ve been in many places that do not provide facilities. There are many national cultures that even when they provide palatial facilities do not provide consumables.

I made a simple leather pocket liner years ago. This now carries paper handkerchiefs, miniature hand cleanser and a crushed part roll of toilet paper.
I take replacement handkerchiefs from a larger box. Small / individual handkerchief packs involve two layers of non-recyclable packaging. The big box in the car is cardboard.
The crushed roll is by far the most compact way of carrying that item.

I have not been able to find a mention of EDC paper.

Last edited:

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
My EDC, apart from the obvious phone....and I have two, one personal and one work... having two phone on me drives me crackers...

Anyway, back to the EDC, mine is below, normally a wallet, with money/cards, torch, small SAK, small knipex (crazy useful).

If just one item, it would be the leatherman charge multi tool.

IMG20231128075601.jpgIMG20231128075416.jpg

My EDC tool kit that is always in the work bag or car is below, this is mainly 1/4 drive bits and sockets, with Leatherman sideclip.

IMG20240116113601.jpg

Last edited:

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Weirdly I am trying to NOT carry my phone as much as possible now. Mobile phones started being a common thing in my early teens and it just feels like lives are ruled by these blooming things.

My favourite is probably the Fox Baby Core Micarta knife. My Farmer X Alox is probably the most useful in terms of multi-functionality and I do always also have that on me since buying it, but I really just love the Fox. I use both daily though, so both useful EDC items.

1706620621069.png

1706620609717.png
1706620629290.png

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
What counts as edc? Is it only stuff in your pockets or can it be stuff that lives in a bag or in your vehicle?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, I tend to think stuff in your pockets, but ultimately it could be whatever you carry with you most of the time, if that's a bag, fair enough, not sure about in your vehicle though, in my head it's what you carry on/about you every day

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Either my SAK Alox Farmer X, Huntsman or Boker Tech Tool 1 or 4, the 1 if I’am wearing a suit especially, lovely thing it is.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
My usual EDC culprits, trusty British Army 1952 knife, took me a while to find one with a marlin spike, I have it on a locking lanyard attached to a belt loop in case I ever get stopped by an over zealous copper, I use this knife for heavy duty cutting. Then a Victorinox Champ in a belt pouch and a nifty little (but very effective) Knipex in my coin pocket. Sometimes I may also have a Spyderco Para 2 or Benchmade 940 or a little Solingen sodcutter. I only take a locking knife if I’m out in the countryside though.
IMG-2631.jpg

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
For the sake of variety I'll say my Bluetooth earbuds. I work alone and rarely have to communicate with anyone so I can fire up an audiobook or podcast and it makes use of that time to absorb useful information or just while away the day.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Favourite is my companion of 34 years, a Victorinox Huntsman that I bought with some birthday money (16th birthday)

IMG_20220415_190133~2 by Alan Muddypaws, on Flickr

I couldn't afford the fully featured version, but got the economy model instead (no tweezers, toothpick and inlaid shield). Lately I have rescaled it with plus scales, so I have the extra tools (and a pen)

Although since being a BCUK member I have acquired a lot of other pocket knives the Huntsman remains my favourite, and gets more pocket time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE