Group Buy on a Nessmuk Axe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We're still working on it off and on guys. Theres all sorts of logistical problems with non standardhelves etc. but Cegga has promised its top of his list now (along with something unusually Viking like for me :D).

It absolutely will happen - but I make no promiss to when

Red

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
May or may not be able to afford it when it does come out, but definitely interested - the second set of pictures looks very nice... Not convinced by the ridged helve though - some of us have bigger hands than others, and looks like it might be quite uncomfortable for the large of hand...

If we're still guestimating how much we think it should go for, I suppose I'd expect to pay something between £100 and £200 plus P&P (i.e. I agree it's more than reasonable to be paying 'decent knife' prices for something of this calibre)

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Did this go ahead ?, if so has anyone got one /.

Rob

Hi!!
No not from my side and all are my fold I have forge some and do some changes on them and forge more then I have had no more time and when things are on hold it will be on hold :( .I had have so much work this year and it get to much to do a prodject like this when all want axes all the time :) and I have some more new axes I have to put on hold to that some still waiting do see .So I am realy sorry that I have not get this ready.but I have come a long way on them so if and when I have time I will go back to this axes
Sorry
Cegga

Wayland

Hárbarðr
This is something I am very seriously interested in.
chop.gif

I have yet to find a really good axe for both cutting and splitting so I think this is what I'm looking for.

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!!
This week I put all axes away ,And finally did something with this treat axes :lmao:.
This is still a prototype So I want many viewpoint about them.
Weight 1 kg and lenght 230 mm edge 130 mm .
I hope that it´s something like that you mean B-R ??
Cegga
B-Rdouble001.jpg

B-Rdouble004.jpg

Last edited:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Stick me on that LOOOOOOONG list Cegga!
( did you ever get my pm about a forest type axe for me?)
Beautiful work.
My best.
Chris.

It looks good Cegga. Is the weight evenly spread on both sides or is one side thicker or heavier than the other? What length will the helve be and what will be the over all weight? A 1kg head is as heavy as the Big axe you made me last year, which is really a 2 handed axe. Is this one designed to be used mainly 2 handed?

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
It looks good Cegga. Is the weight evenly spread on both sides or is one side thicker or heavier than the other? What length will the helve be and what will be the over all weight? A 1kg head is as heavy as the Big axe you made me last year, which is really a 2 handed axe. Is this one designed to be used mainly 2 handed?

Hi!!
Here you have a profile pics it will have two different edge. The axe are not ready I have some grinding left so I think it will be little ligther when I grind the edge and I can make it shorter and not so long edge on it .If you place the axe like the first pics there are balance so no one of the edge will fall down.
Cegga

B-Rdouble.jpg

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi!!
This week I put all axes away ,And finally did something with this treat axes :lmao:.
This is still a prototype So I want many viewpoint about them.
Weight 1 kg and lenght 230 mm edge 130 mm .
I hope that it´s something like that you mean B-R ??
Cegga

Hello my friend :)

That shape looks just the thing we talked about - I love the sweep of the edge - lots of cutting edge for not too much weight. I don't think we should reduce that for a first prototype. I'd like to aim for around a Kilo including the helve.

I know it is more curved than the traditional true Nessmuk - but more in my mind like a proper "cruiser" axe should be.

The differential grind looks good too. I have not yet found anyone who has got that right - please dont grind too much off the splitting side as it need to be tough.

Looking very good indeed mate

Red

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi!!
Here you have a profile pics it will have two different edge. The axe are not ready I have some grinding left so I think it will be little ligther when I grind the edge and I can make it shorter and not so long edge on it .If you place the axe like the first pics there are balance so no one of the edge will fall down.
Cegga

B-Rdouble.jpg

T-O-B-!-!-!

Thing...

Of ....

Beauty!

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE