Group Buy on a Nessmuk Axe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
When they are ready!

Cegga will send me a prototype to test when we are both happy with the design. We will use that to check angles and grinds etc.

Then we build up the mask based on the axe.

Then - well we'll see. Not quite sure how to bring them to market yet - there are several options we are considering

Red

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
I can do some thats bigger and some like the one I made already .But first I want to do them as the big chife want them :lmao: I think there will be some thats smaller and some thats bigger when I forge them this are made by free hand so it´s not easy to get all in same shape, hope that I can make what you all want :yikes:
Cegga

Cega , hur sann JAG hellre har en god yxa då en snabbt gjord en. Tack själv till deras verk ,Jag vill tålig vänta,

Jubelropet ,

Bagheera (I know it's a poor translation;) )

Leakydiff

Dec 19, 2005
Oxford
I would deff. be interested in an axe as proposed. Iwould be willing to pay £125 thereabouts.
I think a special tool like this would deff. be woth the top dollar.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi guys,

Sorry no real progress from the last update - I only got out of hospital yesterday and Cegga has been tied up. He tells me he hopes to have some time to work on it in the next coiuple of weeks

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not bad mate ta - the aftermath is more uncomfortable than painful - a 48 hr nosebleed is less than amusing!

I can't wait myself and have been nagging Cegga

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, Cegga is exploring handles for the first working prototype

This one is interesting and different - offering three grips between the sweels - full choke, half choke and end grip.

I have to say I like the look and can see the practical benefits - we will probably fit this to the prototype #3 (not the head shown - the one shown earlier

Just posted this to let you know things are progressing!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nothing at all. Cegga had this one knocked up by a wood worker and asked if I liked it. I thought about it and since this is a pure one handed axe, there will be no "sliding" action involved on the right hand. A swell at the bottom is necessary to save an "flying from the hand" risks. Why not a couple more to offer a carving and choked grip?

Fun to try on the prototype anyway - I may hate it in use but I'd like to try it!

Red

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Nothing at all. Cegga had this one knocked up by a wood worker and asked if I liked it. I thought about it and since this is a pure one handed axe, there will be no "sliding" action involved on the right hand. A swell at the bottom is necessary to save an "flying from the hand" risks. Why not a couple more to offer a carving and choked grip?

Fun to try on the prototype anyway - I may hate it in use but I'd like to try it!

Red

Red,

How did the testing go? any new developments? I'm kind of hooked after I saw how expertly Cegga forged and shaped that cruiser axe head :)

Cheers,

Bagheera

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ceggas on holiday for 6 weeks at the moment (lucky guy). So we are on hold till the end of August. We haven't got a "working prototype" yet since tooling up will be required but we are getting close I feel

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cegga's back now (6 weeks holiday) and we'll do another stint of development shortly. I rather suspect this one will turn out to be a very limited run though - its a very tricky thing to get right.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll keep people informed - I don't now yet whether we can do it though (a vaiable design / price combination). Its been a long slog so far

Red

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I'll keep people informed - I don't now yet whether we can do it though (a vaiable design / price combination). Its been a long slog so far

Red

Hey BR. How goes it? Any chance of progressing this. Been waiting to hear since last summer! Now that I have missed out on the 5 BR Hunter Group buy (and yes...I know, possibly the last!) I am as keen as mustard to seek alternatives from Cegga.

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE