Group Buy on a Nessmuk Axe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Shing,

Sadly not yet - I have sent some initial designs over to Cegga and he will cut some steel when he gets the chance. It'll be a while in the making this one. There is just and I repeat just a tiny chance that I might be able to talk him into a limited number of damasteel axes for us too.

I can't imagine any one would want one of those though :D

Red

Shing,

Sadly not yet - I have sent some initial designs over to Cegga and he will cut some steel when he gets the chance. It'll be a while in the making this one. There is just and I repeat just a tiny chance that I might be able to talk him into a limited number of damasteel axes for us too.

I can't imagine any one would want one of those though :D

Red

better not put them up for 1st come 1st serves or
"I will Squeem and Squeem till im sThick " :yikes:

:: off to russle a Pile of used £20 notes in a Swedish Direction::

ATB

Duncan

Ps whould sacrificing a chicken at dawn help :puppy_dog

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dunc, at these prices I wouldn't have dared...they were going to be almost £3 more than regular axes

however they are cancelled since Shinken thought them "bad"

(okay, numpty alert, this is a joke, they are the most costly axe you will ever handle and please, release Shinken from the altar and put the Woodlore down)

We'll see

Another batch of Hunters first

Then the double bit / and or the damascus axes (maybe, perhaps, possibly no promises...)

Funny though isn't it. People quibble at paying the price for the best axe in the world that costs the same as a semi production knife

Go figure

Red

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Try ´d to do one today . Just to see if I can do it this one is a little small .But now I no what I need to fix for the real one:werd: Can not get the pics in
Cegga

Attachments

• Nessmuk.jpg
    Nessmuk.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 115

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Please note this is far from the finished product - just a show of the effort that goes into designing and building such a thing

522176403_ce62780d64.jpg

522176399_3caa247e55.jpg

This head is not the final shape or weight - just a "sketch" to show we are listening!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
And, jusy in case anyone is interested.....Ceggas real work today

522176407_d2c6753e39.jpg
Still no interest in damascus? :D

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Spikey you have prototype #1 ;)

This however is prototype #3

Now the shape is much, much better - but its the differential grind that really is unique

532246783_0c2ef1e503.jpg

I'll post a grind picture later

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now, tis is a real differential grind - a proper cutting axe on one side and a really strong splitter on the other. Not just a question of bevel - but a real differential grind.

What do you think?

532161128_50f3b39762.jpg

Red

tinderbox

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
East Lothian
Is that a full scale model Red? It looks very small to me. I've never handled a double header so I can't judge how much the weight of the unused head will add to the power of the head being used, but my gut feeling is that is a light axe.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the profile of the grinds looks really good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE