Dartmoor Meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Right for those that are coming and need a map this is it.
cockington4so.jpg

Approaching from the East drive West along the B3387 past Haytor and Saddle Tor at the Y junction take a right follow this for about 1 kilometer and then take the left down the hill into Widecombe in the moor.

Follow the road up the hill around the back of the church and you will see shops and an Inn on your right at the junction in Widecombe go straight over and down the hill past the post office and general store.

Follow this road along past the first major junction on the left (about 1Km) to the second junction which is a little way up the hill (2Km) and take a left over the cattle grid and down the hill, you will pass a farmhouse on the left and go over the bridge and immediately on the right there is a field and a track leading into it. We will be at the end of the track:)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I was looking at the map and ouldnt help but notice the river ! After reading the cray fish thread , wondered if that area is on a PL post code as this would mean no license required . Can anyone local help ? I was thinking of trying to pick up a trap to see if we can catch some of these blighters .
Cheers
Pumbaa

PS. These are the exeter post codes alowed

EX19,EX20,EX21,EX22,EX23,EX31,EX32,EX33,EX34,EX35,EX36,EX37,EX38,Ex39

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
It's more of a stream than a river

That don't mean there's nothing there! Wayne wants to have a bash at primitive fishing so maybe have a go at making a trap as well?

Even if it's devoid of animal life a good teaching exercise.

Moduser

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Im getting really excited now, one more work day. :D
It was great getting home tonight and unwrapping my Proteus, Bivi and Swanni. :D
I can start getting my kit ready now.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Only two days to go . Getting excited now
Dartmoor just aint ready for me !
Got most of my kit ready already

Pumbaa

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hey Wayne,

That's a shame. I'll be leaving just after lunch because of the travel time.

Hopefully some of the more local folks maybe staying on a bit.

Rgds

Moduser

leon-1

Wayne, sorry to hear that you won't make it:(, I'll be there for a while, but I need to arrange my return yet so may well be there Sunday.

I am just getting changed ready to get out the door and get to the site, I shall see everyone there have a good evening.:)

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Sorry folks, will have to skip this one, I have an awful lot on and also no money and no car! Will do my best to get to the next one (is that the Christmas one?), gutted I can't come :( but there you go. Have a good time guys :D

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Damn, I was mad for going to this one ! I was going to leave this arvo ( friday ) but a funny noise camefrom my van..thought I'd punctured a tyre but I hadn't..I did spot it was bald..took it to the tyre people who said the king pin has gone ( explains why i feel a little lower on my side of the van ) and that it shouldn't go anywhere but a garage..no chance of that until next week.
In a defiant mood lol I figure I could still get my girlfriend to drop me up there ( we live nearish ) and as she has to work tomorrow I would get a lift back from her on the sunday ( although I do like the security of my own vehicle with me It is a possibility ) So whilst packing my tent to come on up I find that a friend who borrowed it last for a festival has managed to put a 3 foot rip in it top tobottom on the outside sheet and had not even told me about it !!!!! Grrr raaa and argh I think I'm being told not to go by some cosmic force, I have a basha sheet but I have little experience with it ad with the wet and wind forcast for this weekend I think relying on that may be unwise..I may make efforts to get up on saturday..maybe with a new tent and a lift from a mate....sorry folk was hoping to meet you all...I may still do but if not Xmas time meet it is

Booosh

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Well its 8pm pretty much and I could get a lift up there now but I feel I've missed the boat for now..I may make efforts tomorrow..if anyone is in the plymouth / plympton area tomorrow and heading for the meet I'd love to catch a ride ! :)

Boosh

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Sorry I couldn't make this one folks.
By the way there are definately fish in the river by the campsite - small trout which I saw last time I was there for Widecombe fair.
You'll all be at the site as I write this. so I hope it went well. really looking forward to the Xmas meet up which is only 7 weeks away :red: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE