Dartmoor Meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

moduser said:
Here's a question for anyone attending the meet.

Does anyone have a large (at least 3 X 4 ft) BBQ grill or similar they can bring.

The chicken wire that was used last time was a great improvisation but I'm sure we can do better.

If not I'll go shopping and see what I can find.

Moduser

Sorry moduser I haven't got anything that will fit the bill. I will do my best to be there when everyone arrives and hopefully start getting some of the firewood required and of course ensure that we get the pitch that we are after.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Just had a thought is there a cost ?
Going through what kit i need to bring and then trying to find it !! :eek:
Then the missus says "Dont forget to take yer wallet "
Like i was going to , there might be a pub near by !!
Pumbaa

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
although last time we spent most of our time around the camp fire with a tinny or two

Plus some cider and mead with whiskey. Which reminds me Leon, must make a visit to the gereral store :beerchug:

As far as the grill thing is concerned, if no one responses with a positive ACK by early next week I'll sort something out.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Just rang the site , and the guy says they are still open . but at the moment it is very wet and windy ! :eek:
I will bring me waders then :D
Also , no worries with dogs , as long as they are kept on a lead on site .
cheers
pumbaa

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
moduser said:
Pete,

Your welcome mate, Oh and congrats on winning the comp :aargh4:

I'll be down on Friday +3 (including Womble)

Wellies it is then.

I think the wife is going to let me come, time off on good behaviour :lmao:
Now I dont have a tent, but what about bivi bag under tarp tied from the car :confused: :D

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Pete,

Just looked at the weather, Thursday/Friday appears to be picking up but still too early to tell for sure.

Bivi bag and tarp will work, you can always crash in the car if the weather gets too bad, not very bushcraft but who cares it's about having a nice trip.

Moduser

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE