Dartmoor Meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
moduser said:
Pete,

Just looked at the weather, Thursday/Friday appears to be picking up but still too early to tell for sure.

Bivi bag and tarp will work, you can always crash in the car if the weather gets too bad, not very bushcraft but who cares it's about having a nice trip.

Moduser

What time you guys getting there on friday, I'll try and get down there for then :D
Im getting excited :D

Bivi bag and tarp........hoohar! :cool:

leon-1

pumbaa said:
Just rang the site , and the guy says they are still open . but at the moment it is very wet and windy ! :eek:
I will bring me waders then :D
Also , no worries with dogs , as long as they are kept on a lead on site .
cheers
pumbaa

Thanks pumbaa, I'll get some OS maps scanned up and posted later today for an exact location and directions from Widecombe:)

I can vouch for it being windy, we have gale force8 forecast for today and it is absolutely hammering down, there is also a severe weather warning for the area. I get the feeling the the tarp is going to be required for overhead protection of the fire and possibly a dinghy to float it in:D.

If you have gaitors bring em, Pete the more the merrier as moduser said, will be good to see you:D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
leon-1 said:
Thanks pumbaa:)

I can vouch for it being windy, we have gale force8 forecast for today and it is absolutely hammering down, there is also a severe weather warning for the area. I get the feeling the the tarp is going to be required for overhead protection of the fire and possibly a dinghy to float it in:D.

If you have gaitors bring em, Pete the more the merrier as moduser said, will be good to see you:D

It'll be great to put some faces to the user names :yikes:
Never go any where with out my gaiters :D

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I am hoping to be there late afternoon on friday .
Got an outbound cheeta 4 tent , it's a fairly cheap one , hope it holds out with dartmoors wind ( and mine :lmao: ).
Pumbaa

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
pumbaa,

The site is reasonably well sheltered, as long as the river doesn't burst it's banks we should be fine (the river would have to rise 5 feet to burst it's banks but hey, got to look on the bright side :lmao: )

moduser

leon-1

moduser said:
pumbaa,

The site is reasonably well sheltered, as long as the river doesn't burst it's banks we should be fine (the river would have to rise 5 feet to burst it's banks but hey, got to look on the bright side :lmao: )

moduser

Your lucky it isn't the Dart running through, I have seen 5 feet and more happen in one night.:)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Tell me about it Leon.

Went Kayaking on the Dart last December and it had rained for two days before.

It was quite scary, and I was only doing the loop. Supposedly grade 2-3 it was easily 3-4. More than I was used to that's for sure.

Getting positively excited :red:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE