Dartmoor 24 Hour Rat Pack Challenge....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
That's just mean knocking your generosity like that ......I've just arranged a log in a bag for the host ,-)

Perhaps you should shape it into a couple of dice and then you could all play Craps! Don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I wouldn't want you to get the wrong end of the composting pit stick! Ah sorry, my toilet humour stinks. What is brown and sticky? Parcel tape, or was the punchline something else?! ;)

Last edited:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I reckon Ellen should add a couple of Shamen type items to the prize as she has ruined it for me now grabbing the prize like that!

I bet she is getting ready to call in the Owls as we speak

Come on Ivan lets keep this real

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I reckon Ellen should add a couple of Shamen type items to the prize as she has ruined it for me now grabbing the prize like that!

Don't worry Steve, i will think of a prize worth winning, i have been goaded into it by that dam Mouse fellow, i know you traditionally come light anyway, but i have had the heads up from the Greenman, and i think your main contender for the prize is going to turn up with just a 58 pattern bag! Hence i have made the competion more than just a weight issue.

Anyway a man of your calibre could make an owl hoot in about an hour.

Be prepared for tears in that infamous hanky my friend.

Ivan...

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

I'll send a couple of shamnny prize-somethings :beerchug: (with curses already applied:nana:) down to Ivan in time for next Friday. They'll be handmade ...
:pokenest::surrender:

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Don't worry Steve, i will think of a prize worth winning, i have been goaded into it by that dam Mouse fellow, i know you traditionally come light anyway, but i have had the heads up from the Greenman, and i think your main contender for the prize is going to turn up with just a 58 pattern bag! Hence i have made the competion more than just a weight issue.

Ivan...

Damed you Newman I had noticed the posts have been moved

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi ivan thats a lot of kit why aren't you just taking your own kit and where is you bedding

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Let's have one of these callers. Phil can use it and it's well know to successfully call Wild Websters and Swetty Socks!
View attachment 25229

I didn't think they needed calling I thought they just appeared at the right time with a big bowl in one hand and a spork in the other.

I thought they'd react better to a ping than a clang anyway, you know, *****, wait 2 minutes, ding!

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51

Ivan...

A man of his calibre can make a bird screech in 2 minutes flat. I've heard his in-your-end-o.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Oh ahoy there Elen what else you adding to the prize bundle ?

We could rename this "The Annual Elen Sentier 24 hour Rat pack challenge" if you came up with an adequate and appropriate prize

The contestants are assembled its just down to the Sponsors now, Be Quick as corporate bodies are hovering in the wings

I have already advised Woodlore they can not get involved

Got to dash Bear on the line

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh ahoy there Elen what else you adding to the prize bundle ?

We could rename this "The Annual Elen Sentier 24 hour Rat pack challenge" if you came up with an adequate and appropriate prize

The contestants are assembled its just down to the Sponsors now, Be Quick as corporate bodies are hovering in the wings

I have already advised Woodlore they can not get involved

Got to dash Bear on the line

Tis all secret, Red, but suitably nice (& bushie) as well as some daft.

If you're having Grylled Bear on the menu I might even come ... about all that lump of muscle is good for is eating :spam: . Oh! Sorry, no, might get Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease assuming he's human :red::yikes:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning Gang, i am pleased to announce that the wisest Bushcrafter, ever to walk in to a wood, is honouring us with his attendance at the upcoming challenge, with his wealth of knowledge, we will be in awe.

A very rare photo from circa 1802.

Can't wait!

Only a bit of fun Dave, love you x (thanks Adam)

Ladies and Gentlemen, i give you Dave53.

Bushcrafting Dave.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE