Dartmoor 24 Hour Rat Pack Challenge....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
What Rob from The Bushcraft forums not coming Bugger I was looking forward to our second meeting Just us chickens now boys At least Websters Landy works

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Ladies and Gentlemen, between Steve and Myself, we have averted a near disaster! Savagebushcraft, got his dates muddled and thought this challenge was for the 6th December! So now cannot make this one, whats the bother i hear you ask?

Well Redandshane and Mouse had invited themselves! To stay on till the Wednesday! Cheeky beggars and Adam was their free ride back, so just for a moment there was panic, but after Steve using his silver tongue and unique powers , has roped Bucephalus into staying on aswell! How does he do it?

So now i have the most rowdy and disorganised bunch of bushcrafters on the forum staying an extra couple of days!

Oh yeah and in true Steve style, "Find us somewhere free to camp for the extra days will you Ivan, theres a good chap"

I had allready mentioned that my good lady was expecting me back on the Sunday at about 1.00pm for a welcome back roast, now it appears, she has an extra 3! And then upping sticks and back to the woods!

Wish me luck with this one gentlemen, please.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Di Hi! Campers, bad news i am afraid, Alison is taking the boys up to her brothers land on Saturday and staying there, so won't be back to do the roast(unbelievable)

Dave53 had very kindly offered to supply the meat too, ah well you can't win em all.

So we can discuss, what we do on the Sunday once the challenge is over.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Di Hi! Campers, bad news i am afraid, Alison is taking the boys up to her brothers land on Saturday and staying there, so won't be back to do the roast(unbelievable)

Dave53 had very kindly offered to supply the meat too, ah well you can't win em all.

So we can discuss, what we do on the Sunday once the challenge is over.

Ivan...

Ivan the challenge should be to do that roast dinner in the field! Will make up for being hungry and show those skills off! Winner of the challenge gets to carve!

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
I did roast dinner in the woods earlier in the year for us, didnt turn out too bad. Well, roast potatoes were edible at least.

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh if I'm cooking bring a shovel ,-). Roast dinner in a hangi coming up

Shovel and other hangi digging equipment will be on site, just don't get the shovels mixed up if you know what i mean!

Also, mostly for the attention of Steve, Elens box of secret goodies have arrived!!

Patrols is playing kit mind games with us!

There may be other stuff that needs to be shared!

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Mines not gonna win at a massive 2.3 kgs

Fortunately the challenge is not based wholly on weight, even if you are telling the truth(with your 58 pattern bag)

I am not shy, i had a crafty weigh and, 10.5kgs without rat pack or beer!! Don't think i will be winning anything!!

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I so hope there will be at least one camera at this event? I'm even tempted to post Ivan my wee clip on vid camera to see the high jinks:)

Last edited:

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Glad I'm not participating. My new Duluth bag is packed to the brim and weighs a tonne.

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE