Dartmoor 24 Hour Rat Pack Challenge....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I have to say that the banter in this thread is well worth it; keep up the good work chaps :)[/QUOTE

Thankyou Stringmaker, when you are dealing with highly trained survival experts contemplating a test of this magnitude, some of these athletes like to flex their muscles.

But i have learned in all my years as Events and Fund Raising Manager, that these very honed individuals need to let off a bit of steam, better now on the forum than when the serious business starts.

I have made it quite clear that, i will not tolerate in house bickering, because once these guys reach the rendezvous point, that is it for 48 hours! It's going to be tough guys.

But thankyou for your support and kind words, i will pop a sponsorhip form in the post, alternitavely BFC, do take payment by card over the phone, once again thanks, and the lovely gesture of a a few family buckets of chicken for the lads, will boost their morale no end.

You will of course be mentioned in dispatches, and have your name printed on the stifficates.

Ivan..

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I bet in the time lapse Webster has consumed my bodyweight in food found within a short distance from wherever he does what he calls laughingly work

The cheese was a mistake I admit. I should have blamed the badgers again

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
I bet in the time lapse Webster has consumed my bodyweight in food found within a short distance from wherever he does what he calls laughingly work

The cheese was a mistake I admit. I should have blamed the badgers again

Seeing as you weigh about as much as a fag paper, that's not very much at all...

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
My dear Mr Redandshane, although Mr Webster is one of the larger members of our group and at times displays a voracious appetite, his calorific needs are in fact no greater than yours.
Two instances spring to mind, Mr Webster bought at his own expense a quantity of Black Bomber cheese and expensive crackers for a late evening snack, and not being a greedy man decided not to eat said items, and took himself off to bed.
You on the other hand pretended that you where staying up a little later to finish your beer, have a coffee and tidy up before retiring.

Little did we realise this was all a ruse to devour the luxury cheese and biscuits, with scant disregard for any other camp members enjoyment, not once but twice, i therefore strongly suggest you let this whole food thing lie.

Thankyou.

Ivan...

Sounds about right for Steve ,last weekend after procuring a shoulder of venison and ingredients for a wild mushroom risotto I found myself sticking my axe in my knee , whilst this made me feel slightly miffed I was ordered to lie down and rest for a while by redandshane and thebiglowboski and young dan , they then cooked the magnificent feast ,waited for me to fall asleep and then scoffed the lot leaving me injured and hungry .

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Interesting! Whilst walking in the woods the other day, i found this, some poor mad mountain biker, with the same affliction as Redandshane, must have been whizzing down the track when this fell off.

So to make your stay more comfortable Steve, you can have it, use it as a woodland seat, then take it home and put it on your bike, should stop you gurning around the streets of Bath.

A little explanation for those who don't know.

Steve was born without a bottom, it's just where his legs meet at the top.

You're welcome.

Ivan...

Bie Seat 003.jpg Bie Seat 001.jpg Bie Seat 002.jpg

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have treat in store for you Ivan ask Dan He has seen more than any man should

As for Mouses pathetic tale I was hoping he might slip quietly away and I would have had his water filter, Knife and axe everything else would be up for the charity shop-Oh maybe the Dutch Oven as well if i could persuade horsey to carry it for moi

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I have treat in store for you Ivan ask Dan He has seen more than any man should

As for Mouses pathetic tale I was hoping he might slip quietly away and I would have had his water filter, Knife and axe everything else would be up for the charity shop-Oh maybe the Dutch Oven as well if i could persuade horsey to carry it for moi

Just for future reference, the charity shop won't take the knife or axe, they might open the cash register though. I'd pre-plan and think of another outlet to get rid. You could just hand them to the Police of course, Mouse seems to like doing that. I think his 'knife' history may contain a sore 'point' or is that a saw point?! Ouch, sorry, taxi, taxi for one! Ha, I should be a sit down comedian.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
There is an old boy, who lives a couple of doors down from me, and after monitering him putting washing on the line and taking it back in, sometimes when a bit strange, i tackled him, only turns out he is the weather oracle!

So i asked him today, what we had in store for the meet, i can't type broad Devon, but he said it was going to be bleddy cold and we would get a spattering of snow, then said ask me a bit closer buy and i should be able to tell ee!

Ivan...

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
There is an old boy, who lives a couple of doors down from me, and after monitering him putting washing on the line and taking it back in, sometimes when a bit strange, i tackled him, only turns out he is the weather oracle!

So i asked him today, what we had in store for the meet, i can't type broad Devon, but he said it was going to be bleddy cold and we would get a spattering of snow, then said ask me a bit closer buy and i should be able to tell ee!

Ivan...

Sounds like the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind! :surrender:

Does he only do shorts weather prediction or does he do long johns prediction too?

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Sounds like the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind! :surrender:

Does he only do shorts weather prediction or does he do long johns prediction too?

I have a bit of a fixation on the old guy (not in a sexual way you understand) But when he wanders out i have started to take notice of his attire, this has been a 15 month study and the old codger is nearly always right, i have noticed that when he takes his washing in, the neighbours either side quickly follow suit, i have been caught out too many times, not anymore!

Very Dylanesque.

Ivan..

The proof will be revealed closer to the event.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I have a bit of a fixation on the old guy (not in a sexual way you understand) But when he wanders out i have started to take notice of his attire, this has been a 15 month study and the old codger is nearly always right, i have noticed that when he takes his washing in, the neighbours either side quickly follow suit, i have been caught out too many times, not anymore!

Very Dylanesque.

Ivan..

The proof will be revealed closer to the event.

The poof will be revealed, what, out of the closet? Oh sorry, misread. You better watch out for 6' squirrels hiding their nuts under the snow before the show, secret stores and all that. Snow makes finding sweet chestnuts etc a little more difficult, that should slow Mouse down.

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Ivan are you joining in or are you going home in the evenings to wear slippers and practice armchair bushcraft Poke.........poke ...........

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Ivan are you joining in or are you going home in the evenings to wear slippers and practice armchair bushcraft Poke.........poke ...........

:pokenest: Someone is going to get told to buzz off. If it snows then I don't think he will get enough traction to get out. :burnout:
How good is Nutmeg as a sled dog? :christmas2:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
If it snows, the webster will bring his 4 wheeled beast to town us all out. Only problem is, he needs to leave by tomorrow morning to arrive in time for the challenge.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
If it snows, the webster will bring his 4 wheeled beast to town us all out. Only problem is, he needs to leave by tomorrow morning to arrive in time for the challenge.

I set off last friday and am en-route as I type. With any luck the old girl might make it by next Saturday

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
So what's the line up then who's attending

Final List, if everyone turns up!

Ivan
Mouse040
Redandshane
Savagewolfrm
Kong
Bucephalus
Robdjon
Dave53

Surprise late entry Bushwhacker.
Day Centre Visitor Paul (fried chicken) Webster.

Could you all please do your best to meet at.

The Edgemoor Hotel
Haytor Road
Bovey Tracey
Devon
TQ139LE.

BY 12.00 Midday, on Friday 22nd November 2013.

Thankyou.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE