Yeah, I’m not daft. That was her first Xmas present from me.I already have Homo sapiens skull.
Crap. It was worth a try.(Now Jonathan...about that Garefowl; Dont be like the last guy who tried to flog me a penguin...)
What an absolute nonsense. Even the contestents on Alone tv series don't tend to last that long and they have got survival skillis, 10 items and hunting and fishing rights. People can't even survive in Cardiff and Swansea for 100 days let alone the wilderness. No wonder they are offering a million. There will be no one who can possibly win it. That said I will have a look and probably put in for it. lol DD xxxxFor anyone interested - I saw this on Social Media and its a lot closer than going Stateside for Alone.
View attachment 105036
Do You Have What It Takes to Live Wild in the Welsh Wilderness?
Could you survive 100 days in the Welsh wilderness with nothing but the clothes on your back and your wits to keep you alive?
A local television producer is searching for 15 brave volunteers willing to take part in an ambitious new reality television experiment, which will see contestants dropped into a remote location somewhere in Wales and challenged to live completely off-grid for 100 days.
Participants will have to build their own shelters, find food, source drinking water and cope with whatever the notoriously unpredictable Welsh weather throws at them.
Producers say the location will be remote, rugged and deliberately chosen to test the limits of even the most experienced outdoor enthusiasts.
There will reportedly be no luxury accommodation, takeaway deliveries or trips to the local pub, with contestants expected to work together while also competing for a mystery prize at the end of the challenge.
“We want ordinary local people who genuinely believe they could survive in the wild,” said the producer. “Whether you’re an experienced bushcrafter or someone who simply thinks they could probably make it work, we want to hear from you.”
Applications are now open, but producers warn that anyone expecting a relaxing camping holiday should probably think again.
After all, 100 days is a long time when there’s nowhere to plug in your phone.
For an information/application pack.
Email - daiford@mail.com
I haven't read the whole thread so don't know if it's been established yet but I'm pretty sure this is a wind up, the only source I can find is from FLN News, a spoof news outlet.
Of course it will. And we’ll have endless monologues about how sad they are and how they’ve lost this that and the other. And how they’re here to prove themselves to show everyone they have come through it. And how important bringing back the winning cash will be to them and their family. Then most of them crash and burn and don’t. Describing how they’re being selfish spending this time away from the family and realising they have more important things to be doing than anything they can do on the show blah blah blah.I don’t think this is the same program but similar idea?
Ordinary People Face the Ultimate Test in Channel 4's New Modern Survival Series Apocalypse | Channel 4
Watch the first look trailer hereDownload first look image: here TX: Stream or watch live on Channel 4, from Sunday 13 September, 9pm7 episodeswww.channel4.com
I’m sure it will just be a program around personality conflicts rather than actually surviving though….