
Might you be exaggerating a tad now. Thais ain’t a big or heavy knife by any means. Unless you always use and carry a micro SAK. But I do like to overcompensate.I had a kydex sheath made for mine. It could be used as a paddle
That just says everything i like about the knife and its design , i guess you just had to be thereI just loved the shape of the one you made. I’ve not seen Frenchies. I like the throwback tactical look on these. It’s all very 80’s badass survival stuff. Antler and wood should stay on my nice gentle bushcrafting knives. Not this nostalgia provoking beastie.
Although I’m not adverse to actual seeing someone do those handles
Have you still got that knife?
at the timeI mourn the loss of a once great English heritage company like WS.So poetic early on a Sunday morning![]()
Do you use it quite a bit then?My "paddle" with the cover saw blade cover piece. I can fit a pouch onto the front through the Chicago bolts. It's a big blade, I only have small hands.
View attachment 105489
View attachment 105490
No in reality for the last 4 - 5 years most of my outings have been doing amateur radio. No need for a big knife when I already have a pack full of radio. Reluctant to give up my tools though.Do you use it quite a bit then?
Was that for both of them. The Survival and the Dartmoor?I suspect a little-known fact is that the blades were made, including the fitting of the guards, in Sheffield by a company called Aesculap, a surgical instrument manufacturer.
Aesculap are still around as part of B.Braun.
Now I feel a little ignorant. What is the difference?Was that for both of them. The Survival and the Dartmoor?
