Dartmoor 24 Hour Rat Pack Challenge....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I dont see the challenge here.........unless its the old ration packs.

Ive spent weeks on exercise living of about half a rat pack per day (as the old ones were rank and mostly inedible)

For godsake man dont push Ivan! Did you not see what happened when I posted? the guys will end up living of 1 pack for a month!

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
For godsake man dont push Ivan! Did you not see what happened when I posted? the guys will end up living of 1 pack for a month!

ROFLMAO.........sorry.........

A real challenge,

Spend 2 days living of nothing but the Old menu "corned beef hash"........with NO Tobasco sauce!!!!!!!!

I personally - along with most of my old Batallion - would prefer to starve.....

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Put me down for that please old man it would be more of a challenge if there was only one rat pack between 6 ,
Is wild food allowed ?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I dont see the challenge here.........unless its the old ration packs.

Ive spent weeks on exercise living of about half a rat pack per day (as the old ones were rank and mostly inedible)

LOL....

That's a valid point for all ration packs, British, American, or others. To get the full calorie count, you have to eat everything including ALL the condiments. otherwise the stated calorie count goes down.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
i could never tell the difference between the Kendl Mint cake and the hexy blocks !!!
Both tasted the same, same texture etc lol

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
How many calories are needed to sit in the woods for a weekend, it's hardly strenuous work is it :)

No It isn't. The normal recommended (average) calorie intake is only around 2000-2400/daily (2800 for an AIDS patient) The military rations are designed for men with a much higher activity level. That said, while they have more than enough calories, they aren't necessarily all that filling.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Put me down for that please old man it would be more of a challenge if there was only one rat pack between 6 ,
Is wild food allowed ?

Absolutely Young Man! And any wild food foraged within the confines if the wood are positively encouraged, bearing in mind the whole wood is only 2 and a bit acres and iit's boundary is well defined.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Absolutely Young Man! And any wild food foraged within the confines if the wood are positively encouraged, bearing in mind the whole wood is only 2 and a bit acres and iit's boundary is well defined.

Ivan...

You'll get the big boys burying food caches the week before to "forage" :lmao:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
ROFLMAO.........sorry.........

A real challenge,

Spend 2 days living of nothing but the Old menu "corned beef hash"........with NO Tobasco sauce!!!!!!!!

I personally - along with most of my old Batallion - would prefer to starve.....

LOL. Am I the only one who actually liked the corned beef hash?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
It's a bit of fun lads, with a little test as most of my meets do consist of top grade grub, and endless wanders to the shops to replenish, there is also the chalenge of 48 hours in the same woods, tougher for some than others.

I think it may surprise a couple.

Me more than most!

Bring it on! Something a bit different, which, if successful will be tweaked to make it more hardcore, maybe in the kinder foraging months!

Ivan...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Let's make it a challenge and just see how long we last rather than have a time allowance on it I'm free now till spring courses

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi ivan how you doing matey I'm up for it as always as long as the dates are ok regards dave

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
hi ivan how you doing matey I'm up for it as always as long as the dates are ok regards dave

Hi Dave, i am good, just trying to work out which weekend is best, once i have some definate interest, hopefully within the next 5 weeks, so if anyone can confirm it may help with decision, i am lucky so pretty flexible.

Bearing in mind, now Tank has changed the rules (and is washing his hair, that weekend!)

It will be from 12..00 Noon on the Friday to 12.00 Noon on the Sunday, apart from Mouse, who we will collect in April!!

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE