Couple of Good Books I Recommend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
I have had a brief look through the posts here and not seen the following books mentioned.

"Staying Alive: A Southern African Survival Handbook"

This was written by Ron Ried-Daly who was the founding commander of the Selous Scouts.

The book is not for the spoon-carvers out there, but its not completely paramilitary either. It covers survival in a bush enviroment and is very informative. Most of the examples come from the various bush wars but its still very interesting. One topic he covers which I have yet to see Ray Mears do is how to protect your farm house from terrorist attack! :shock: Most of the stuff however is relivent to anybody who may travel in a bush enviroment.

The second book is "The Complete Book of Outdoor Survival" by J Wayne Fears.

It is simple one of the most comphrensive survival books I have ever read. Its written from a no nonsense point of view and the author cities plenty of examples of various rescues he has been involved in. The book covers pretty much any wilderness survival situation you might be in anywhere in North America and has plenty of good quality B&W photos and many diagrams. It does go into bushcraft, but more from the persective of what would be useful to someone lost or stranded rather than long term or historical stuff.

Regards,

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE