Out of their depth...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Whilst it's nice to have some activities in the UK that don't require a tax, licence, ticket etc of some sort, it always amazes me that people can buy a boat, tow it to the sea and throw it and themselves in and blast off without any formal training or qualifications...

We'd always find there were those that would have their boat parked on their driveway for 10 months, chuck it in the sea, shoot off and wonder why things failed out at sea.. no maintenance, no filter changes, nothing...
Doesn't happen in France. You have to take a course and do a test. There are also sea-borne gendarmes who may stop you to check if you have the right equipment on board.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Doesn't happen in France. You have to take a course and do a test. There are also sea-borne gendarmes who may stop you to check if you have the right equipment on board.
If you watch the news it definitely does happen! But I get what you mean and it would be good to have something like that here. I think if they forced folk to launch from official boat launches for all craft they could probably prevent a lot of issues from occurring.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE